Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • toomsie
    • By toomsie 23rd Feb 19, 4:11 PM
    • 117Posts
    • 25Thanks
    toomsie
    Strange Things Motorists Do In Cheap Gas Stations
    • 23rd Feb 19, 4:11 PM
    Strange Things Motorists Do In Cheap Gas Stations 23rd Feb 19 at 4:11 PM
    Down Crystal Palace in Sainsburys Gas Station at the weekend. I have noticed something interesting. This was brought to my attention by a neighbour who also does this. Actually, I was very surprised that your average poor person does this, let alone someone who owns luxury or sports cars like Mercs, BMWs and Landrover SUVs.

Fill up their tank half full of gas. They either do this because it feels like they are not spending much or they actually don't have money at that time.

I am working class with a Ford Focus MK2 station wagon 1.6. I only do this when I am using an expensive gas station.
    Last edited by toomsie; 23-02-2019 at 4:15 PM.
Page 3
    • CARRYONFILM12
    • By CARRYONFILM12 30th May 19, 5:10 AM
    • 777 Posts
    • 619 Thanks
    CARRYONFILM12
    I don't see any petrol station as being cheap.

The more weight you carry as well.
    • prowla
    • By prowla 30th May 19, 6:15 AM
    • 10,436 Posts
    • 8,944 Thanks
    prowla
    I will often fill up the car before going for a long drive, or even if I'm at the supermarket and thus there anyway, rather than making a special trip.
    • boomer69
    • By boomer69 30th May 19, 4:28 PM
    • 359 Posts
    • 717 Thanks
    boomer69
    I don't see any petrol station as being cheap.

The more weight you carry as well.
    Originally posted by CARRYONFILM12
    Dont you understand the difference between cheap and cheapest ?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

687Posts Today

7,049Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Today's Twitter Poll: Being honest, do you take into account the environment impact when you choose to book a flight?

• RT @MartinSLewis: I sued Facebook for defamation over scam ads & settled in return for 2 things that LAUNCH TODAY -1on1 scam help at new C?

• Do you need to show your boarding pass at the airport? And how to make 'em pay you for doing it... https://t.co/g5biFxotXF

• Follow Martin