Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • diggle
    • By diggle 23rd Jul 18, 11:48 AM
    • 65Posts
    • 85Thanks
    diggle
    Service Monkey {text removed by MSE Forum Team}?
    • 23rd Jul 18, 11:48 AM
    Service Monkey {text removed by MSE Forum Team}? 23rd Jul 18 at 11:48 AM
    So well aware made serious error here {text removed by MSE Forum Team}
    Had a phone call re washer warranty up for renewal quoted £199 for 5 yrs . Must admit did seem uneasy should have gone with my gut instinct but paid with my card .
    On receiving paperwork decided to use my 14 day cooling off period and sent by signed for delivery back to address ., having been told via phone call would receive full refund within 10 days .
    Well no surprises no cheque and phoneline I had kept dead .
    Guessing thatís me lost £199 !!!128542; so just wanted to put it out there to warn others .
    Have full address. Of company and phone number turns out itís just an office you can hire . ,
    Lesson Learnt .
    Last edited by Former MSE Andrea; 08-10-2018 at 9:01 AM.
Page 2
    • G.Kor
    • By G.Kor 19th Jun 19, 7:06 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    G.Kor
    Service Monkey Ltd
    I now have a full refund. I have spent three days fighting with this Company. I am assured that anyone who emails jasmine.hepworth@servicemonkey.co.uk directly will gain her full attention. Please follow this up.
    • G.Kor
    • By G.Kor 19th Jun 19, 7:11 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    G.Kor
    I now have full refund. I have been given this private email for you all to contact. She assures me all contacts will be dealt with jasmine.hepworth@servicemonkey.co.uk Let me know how you get on. Good luck.
    • Clueless!
    • By Clueless! 6th Jul 19, 4:06 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Clueless!
    Service Monkey trying to fleece my mum!
    As many of you will already know, this company is particularly keen to target the elderly, my mum included. Fortunately for her, the bank automatically cancelled her card to prevent any transaction from taking place but they have since called her to try and force her to pay the 'instalment' they claim is owed, even though there is no actual contract. On that occasion, one of her carers was present and took over handling the call but still, it left mum worrying that she might owe money and I have no doubt that they will try again.

I will look into blocking them from calling her number but also wanted to ask how others have dealt with them since the incidents mentioned in this thread?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,707Posts Today

6,220Users online

Martin's Twitter