Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • surfsister
    • By surfsister 21st Apr 15, 6:40 AM
    • 7,392Posts
    • 10,789Thanks
    surfsister
    tesco ten pound voucher for a fiver hushhush online
    • 21st Apr 15, 6:40 AM
    tesco ten pound voucher for a fiver hushhush online 21st Apr 15 at 6:40 AM
    just had an email from www.hushhush.com to say I can buy a tesco ten quid voucher for a fiver so I did so! worth a look if you buy at tescos.
Page 3
    • POPPYOSCAR
    • By POPPYOSCAR 13th May 15, 7:12 AM
    • 12,452 Posts
    • 27,560 Thanks
    POPPYOSCAR
    just noticed that the bottom of the cancellation email a fiver to use at mighty deals so all may not be lost!! recheck your emails folks!!
    Originally posted by surfsister

Are you serious?

Just what would you buy with this fiver, another gift card that they will cancel in 3 weeks?!!!!!
  • Gan
    The Whole Thing Stinks!
    Disgusted, of Tunbridge Wells.
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 13th May 15, 7:43 AM
    • 35,234 Posts
    • 41,289 Thanks
    Browntoa
    Extremely poor reviews as it goes , I wouldn't !

As pointed out its a deal aggregator site , it's not offering deals itself but cherry picking other sites deals from what I can see . Go direct to the other site to buy and not use a third party
    Originally posted by Browntoa
    did try to point this out quite early........

and theres a long running thread on here with problems with mightydeals
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's , Boost your income and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • cloudy-day
    • By cloudy-day 13th May 15, 8:08 AM
    • 233 Posts
    • 552 Thanks
    cloudy-day
    Guess what? I did not unsubscribe and nor did I create multiple accounts or buy more than one per household. And yet I have received an email claiming I've unsubscribed!

Time to be honest and not hide behind terms and conditions, why hasn't this deal been honoured for customers who have done no wrong?
    Originally posted by Gareth1989
    This.

I will NOW be cancelling my account and will recomend that anyone else so the same.

Clearly the 'deal' was over subscribed so they've paniced and cancelled most of them.

As I said - con artists.
    • cloudy-day
    • By cloudy-day 13th May 15, 8:11 AM
    • 233 Posts
    • 552 Thanks
    cloudy-day
    I am not waiting for the refund - 7 days on top of the three weeks they have had my money. Why so long?I have requested a refund from paypal for non delivery.Hope it gives Mightydeals some grief.

Very strange business model to p off thousands of customers like this!
    Originally posted by POPPYOSCAR
    Me too.

Gift card? Not happening for such a carp company.
    • surfsister
    • By surfsister 13th May 15, 11:54 AM
    • 7,392 Posts
    • 10,789 Thanks
    surfsister
    Are you serious?

Just what would you buy with this fiver, another gift card that they will cancel in 3 weeks?!!!!!
    in addition to the refund!!
    • sidler73
    • By sidler73 13th May 15, 4:52 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    sidler73
    After emailing them yesterday I have received this email today saying it was an error and I will be reinstated and will receive my voucher. We'll wait and see.

Good Afternoon,
    Thank you for contacting Mighty Deals Customer Support.
    My Name is Liam and I am going to help you with your enquiry today.
    We recently incorrectly emailed you to say that you had been unsubscribed from Mighty Deals after you purchased our 10 Tesco Gift Card offer. We made a mistake and would like to apologise.

We have experienced a large number of duplicate accounts being made to purchase multiple Tesco Gift Cards. In amongst the accounts that we unsubscribed, your account was unsubscribed in error.

Your account has been reinstated with immediate effect and you will still receive your Tesco 10 for 5 Gift Card redemption link on May 15th. No further action is required.

Again, please do accept our apologies for any confusion we have caused. It has always been in our best interest to offer our 50% off the High Street deals to genuine customers.
    Thank you

Regards
    Liam
    Customer Support Agent
  • Gan
    I've been found Innocent of all Charges...........

Dear Customer,

We recently incorrectly emailed you to say that you had been unsubscribed from Mighty Deals after you purchased our 10 Tesco Gift Card offer. We made a mistake and would like to apologise.

We have experienced a large number of duplicate accounts being made to purchase multiple Tesco Gift Cards. In amongst the accounts that we unsubscribed, your account was unsubscribed in error.

Your account has been reinstated with immediate effect and you will still receive your Tesco 10 for 5 Gift Card redemption link on May 15th. No further action is required.

Again, please do accept our apologies for any confusion we have caused. It has always been in our best interest to offer our 50% off the High Street deals to genuine customers.
    • Shiggaddi
    • By Shiggaddi 14th May 15, 8:43 AM
    • 898 Posts
    • 308 Thanks
    Shiggaddi
    Well, what do you know, I've also been found not guilty of all charges, and my voucher will be reinstated on the 15th as well.
    • surfsister
    • By surfsister 14th May 15, 12:50 PM
    • 7,392 Posts
    • 10,789 Thanks
    surfsister
    mee too! lol! so with the fiver money off voucher ok after all!
  • MightyDeals representative
    Hi Cloudy-Day

We recently emailed some customers to say they had un-subscribed from Mighty Deals after they purchased our 10 Tesco Gift Card offer for 5. We made a mistake and would like to apologise. some customers were unsubscribed in error.

We have experienced a large number of duplicate accounts being made to purchase multiple Tesco Gift Cards. In amongst these duplicate accounts, some accounts were unsubscribed in error. We sold over 16,000 Tesco 10 for 5 Gift Cards, over 11,000 customers will receive their redemption link on May 15th as confirmed in our deal terms. Over 4,500 duplicate accounts were created to purchase more than one per customer, or two per household.

Accounts unsubscribed in error have been reinstated with immediate effect and these customers will still receive their Tesco 10 for 5 Gift Card redemption link on May 15th. No further action is required.

Thank you
    MD
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of MightyDeals. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • MightyDeals representative
    Hi Cloudy-Day

We recently emailed some customers to say they had un-subscribed from Mighty Deals after they purchased our 10 Tesco Gift Card offer for 5. We made a mistake and would like to apologise. some customers were unsubscribed in error.

We have experienced a large number of duplicate accounts being made to purchase multiple Tesco Gift Cards. In amongst these duplicate accounts, some accounts were unsubscribed in error. We sold over 16,000 Tesco 10 for 5 Gift Cards, over 11,000 customers will receive their redemption link on May 15th as confirmed in our deal terms. Over 4,500 duplicate accounts were created to purchase more than one per customer, or two per household.

Accounts unsubscribed in error have been reinstated with immediate effect and these customers will still receive their Tesco 10 for 5 Gift Card redemption link on May 15th. No further action is required.

Thank you
    MD
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of MightyDeals. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • POPPYOSCAR
    • By POPPYOSCAR 14th May 15, 2:37 PM
    • 12,452 Posts
    • 27,560 Thanks
    POPPYOSCAR
    Mightydeals rep, please answer this to me.

Myself, my partner and our daughter all had our deal cancelled.

We all have genuine accounts with you that have been held for a considerable time and only applied for one each.

Where did it say no more than two per household. I only saw one per person?
    • butterflymum
    • By butterflymum 14th May 15, 2:51 PM
    • 959 Posts
    • 853 Thanks
    butterflymum
    Mightydeals rep, please answer this to me.

Myself, my partner and our daughter all had our deal cancelled.

We all have genuine accounts with you that have been held for a considerable time and only applied for one each.

Where did it say no more than two per household. I only saw one per person?

According to posts in the thread on the "It's gone but was it any good" board, the original T &Cs didn't, however, it has been suggested on that thread too, that changes were made to T &Cs after purchase.

I am also waiting a reply from MD rep on the other thread, albeit for a different cancellation reason.
    Last edited by butterflymum; 14-05-2015 at 2:55 PM.
    butterfly )i(
    • surfsister
    • By surfsister 14th May 15, 9:20 PM
    • 7,392 Posts
    • 10,789 Thanks
    surfsister
    Good Morning Doc N.

Apologies that you are not happy with the service you have received. Please forward your voucher code over which ypou are having issues with, and I will happily investigate this for you.

Regards
    MD
    Originally posted by MightyDeals representative
    I am now totally confused - I tried to use the five pound voucher sent in the apology and it says: Total 5.00 Mighty Cash available
    *5 must be spent on orders over 0!!!! doesn't make sense yet again. I give up!
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 15th May 15, 7:04 AM
    • 10,751 Posts
    • 120,327 Thanks
    emerald21
    Our family ordered 4 between us as no mention of 2 per household or whatever at the time. Received emails cancelling them all as it was two per household well that was their excuse. why not just cancel two then was my innocent reply twice I may add. Still waiting for a reply and an explanation. I won't let this go.
    • cloudy-day
    • By cloudy-day 15th May 15, 8:12 AM
    • 233 Posts
    • 552 Thanks
    cloudy-day
    Hi Cloudy-Day

Thank you
    MD
    Originally posted by MightyDeals representative

Sounds great. I have the email from you saying you were mistaken and I would get the 10 Tesco Voucher.

Guess what? No voucher, 5 refund AND no 5 credit to my account!!

It would be impossible for you to have got this more wrong.
    • butterflymum
    • By butterflymum 15th May 15, 9:37 AM
    • 959 Posts
    • 853 Thanks
    butterflymum
    Sounds great. I have the email from you saying you were mistaken and I would get the 10 Tesco Voucher.

Guess what? No voucher, 5 refund AND no 5 credit to my account!!

It would be impossible for you to have got this more wrong.
    Originally posted by cloudy-day

See my post #190 on thread http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5225221&page=10#topofpage as it seems my deal has not been reinstated either and refund was actually processed on 13th, despite an ongoing open ticket with MD customer services re the matter.
    butterfly )i(
  • Gan
    Not received my 10 yet.....
    • sidler73
    • By sidler73 15th May 15, 5:07 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    sidler73
    I have my voucher
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,194Posts Today

7,883Users online

Martin's Twitter