Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redagila
    • By redagila 4th Jan 14, 9:41 AM
    • 4,532Posts
    • 15,138Thanks
    redagila
    Groupon discount 10 off 30 spend
    • 4th Jan 14, 9:41 AM
    Groupon discount 10 off 30 spend 4th Jan 14 at 9:41 AM
    Just had an email from Groupon for 10 off next order - BUT only available if you receive the email

Get 10 Off Your Next Groupon

Today we're making you an offer you can't refuse: a 10 discount when you purchase your next deal costing 30 or more.
    You have until 06.01.2014 to purchase an amazing deal on
    Groupon.co.uk and we will automatically deduct 10 from the price.

How to get your 10 discount:

Simply login or register a new Groupon account, then make your purchase.
Page 1
    • merdoom
    • By merdoom 4th Jan 14, 1:29 PM
    • 794 Posts
    • 10,287 Thanks
    merdoom
    • 4th Jan 14, 1:29 PM
    • 4th Jan 14, 1:29 PM
    Mine is for 10 off 20 spend!
    • OmniaHD
    • By OmniaHD 4th Jan 14, 1:31 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 39 Thanks
    OmniaHD
    • 4th Jan 14, 1:31 PM
    • 4th Jan 14, 1:31 PM
    thanks
    checked my email and I had received a 10 off a 20+ spend, so placed my first order for a meal for. 4 at a local restaurant, only 11 with the 10 off... then as i confirm order and go to paypal, paypal tells me there is an error and to wait 30 mins, nothing shows in email, paypal or on groupon, so re order as advised, and now its asking full price as coupon can only be used one arghhh even though the first order wasnt placed....
  • fudge cake
    • 4th Jan 14, 2:51 PM
    • 4th Jan 14, 2:51 PM
    Nothing here lol
    • BettiePage
    • By BettiePage 4th Jan 14, 3:34 PM
    • 4,483 Posts
    • 10,310 Thanks
    BettiePage
    • 4th Jan 14, 3:34 PM
    • 4th Jan 14, 3:34 PM
    Nothing here lol
    Originally posted by fudge cake
    Nor for me either.
    Illegitimi non carborundum.
  • pretzelnut
    • 4th Jan 14, 4:42 PM
    • 4th Jan 14, 4:42 PM
    I got one too, but theres nothing I want to buy well not anything that over 30 anyway.
    Is thankful to those who have shared their
    fortune with those less fortunate
    than themselves - you know who you are!
    • merdoom
    • By merdoom 4th Jan 14, 5:09 PM
    • 794 Posts
    • 10,287 Thanks
    merdoom
    • 4th Jan 14, 5:09 PM
    Got this: Schwartz Two-Tier Spice Rack and Sixteen Spices from 22 With Free Delivery (Up to 63% Off)
    for 12 delivered which i'm happy with!
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 4th Jan 14, 5:09 PM
    • 17,972 Posts
    • 215,443 Thanks
    mhoc
    Maybe we need to do some suggesting to help the ones who have had the email but are not sure what to get?

Ive seen some good enough deals this week - there is an offer for an overnight stay with breakfast and entrance to Ripley castle, also a ghost trip around York for 5, brewery trip around Masham Black Sheep also some afternoon tea offers - very nice for winter treats ...

I have offers from Groupon not only for my area but also for sons and daughters home towns and the places we visit on weekend trips as well and I try and combine several to make nice midweek trips out.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 4th Jan 14, 5:10 PM
    • 17,972 Posts
    • 215,443 Thanks
    mhoc
    • 4th Jan 14, 5:10 PM
    • 4th Jan 14, 5:10 PM
    Got this: Schwartz Two-Tier Spice Rack and Sixteen Spices from 22 With Free Delivery (Up to 63% Off)
    for 12 delivered which i'm happy with!
    Originally posted by merdoom
    Excellent idea for a birthday/Valentines/ foodies gift
    • BettiePage
    • By BettiePage 4th Jan 14, 5:14 PM
    • 4,483 Posts
    • 10,310 Thanks
    BettiePage
    Maybe we need to do some suggesting to help the ones who have had the email but are not sure what to get?

Ive seen some good enough deals this week - there is an offer for an overnight stay with breakfast and entrance to Ripley castle, also a ghost trip around York for 5, brewery trip around Masham Black Sheep also some afternoon tea offers - very nice for winter treats ...

I have offers from Groupon not only for my area but also for sons and daughters home towns and the places we visit on weekend trips as well and I try and combine several to make nice midweek trips out.
    Originally posted by mhoc
    I went there this week and the food was lovely! Well worth a visit.

eta: And Ripley Castle is a lovely place to visit. I like the priest hole.
    Illegitimi non carborundum.
  • pretzelnut

Originally posted by mhoc
    There is lots of things for 29.99

From reading the T&C's you have to buy ONE item that is 30 to use the discount you cant use 6 x 5 deals.

I will happily stand corrected though.
    Last edited by pretzelnut; 04-01-2014 at 5:58 PM.
    Is thankful to those who have shared their
    fortune with those less fortunate
    than themselves - you know who you are!
  • plasmagirl
    thanks
    checked my email and I had received a 10 off a 20+ spend, so placed my first order for a meal for. 4 at a local restaurant, only 11 with the 10 off... then as i confirm order and go to paypal, paypal tells me there is an error and to wait 30 mins, nothing shows in email, paypal or on groupon, so re order as advised, and now its asking full price as coupon can only be used one arghhh even though the first order wasnt placed....
    Originally posted by OmniaHD
    that's happened to me before - I'm pretty sure the credit was still showing in my account (but not easy to find). I emailed them about it and they were very helpful and told me how to find it.
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 4th Jan 14, 8:38 PM
    • 29,841 Posts
    • 62,905 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    I got one too, but theres nothing I want to buy well not anything that over 30 anyway.
    Originally posted by pretzelnut
    Ditto. I have no need for a dressmaking course for 49, or massage with spa access for 39. I'd rather just keep the cash in my bank account, which is exactly what will happen unless the offers over the next 2 days improve radically!
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
    • Janice2
    • By Janice2 4th Jan 14, 8:52 PM
    • 511 Posts
    • 640 Thanks
    Janice2
    Thanks op. checked my email and have received one offering 10 when spending 30. But like others, nothing that catches my eye. Hope they upload new deals before offer runs out
    • Beetlemama
    • By Beetlemama 4th Jan 14, 9:34 PM
    • 1,116 Posts
    • 2,417 Thanks
    Beetlemama
    I got 10 off 20 but the only thing I liked was 19.99 grrr.
    "There is no substitute for time."

Competition wins:
    2013. Three bottles of oxygen! And a family ticket to intech science centre. 2011. The Lake District Cheese Co Cow and bunny pop up play tent, cheese voucher, beach ball and cuddly toy cow and bunny and a 20 ToysRus voucher!
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 4th Jan 14, 9:44 PM
    • 29,841 Posts
    • 62,905 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    I'd be interested in the uptake rate. It's probably an attempt to flush suckers out of the system, see who's attracted by a discount rather than a genuinely good deal.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
    • sarahj1986
    • By sarahj1986 4th Jan 14, 9:58 PM
    • 1,130 Posts
    • 2,065 Thanks
    sarahj1986
    Groupon discount codes are not as good as they used to be. Last year for 4 months in a row I got a 5 discount with no minimum spend which was great I was able to order 3 gifts for "free" and an afternoon tea cost me 50p, then they stopped doing these and only offered 10 off 20 spend
    • Sammie_
    • By Sammie_ 4th Jan 14, 11:40 PM
    • 110 Posts
    • 128 Thanks
    Sammie_
    Yeah I agree with others.. I have just had a good look through and even looked at my local places. Nothing there to make me part with any cash at the moment. A couple of bits and bobs at 29.99 or slightly less might have made me let go of cash. They ain't getting my money at the mo.
    I don't post much, but when I do it's all good!!
    • Kayak_Mania
    • By Kayak_Mania 9th Aug 14, 10:15 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Kayak_Mania
    Hi,

For a little more money off always access Groupon through Quidco, as usually a cashback available (currently 10%) and now if you link your quidco and paypal you get a bit more by paying for groupon by payal.
    You still access your own groupon account after going through Quidco so any vouchers you have in it are still valid onthe purchase.

(For quidco get a friend recommends it link and they get 2.50, for Groupon a friend recommends it link gets them 6)
    • sharon7
    • By sharon7 6th Oct 14, 8:16 PM
    • 167 Posts
    • 76 Thanks
    sharon7
    Does anyone have a code they don't need at all?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,652Posts Today

7,150Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • A brilliant and gripping profile of Boris Johnson by the great @JPonpolitics well worth the 15 minute read https://t.co/odelHYEbRg

• Boris Johnson is now going to be our prime minister. Worth a pause for thought, whatever your political persuasion.

• Boy they're dragging out this #conservativeleadership announcement.Three introducers now each grabbing air time. Get on with it please!

• Follow Martin