Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    cathy
    Its the cars fault
    • 6th Nov 04, 4:35 PM
    Its the cars fault 6th Nov 04 at 4:35 PM
    last sunday our cars computer went ballistic, its under warantee but apparently they are made by outer mongolian shepherds who knit them out of yaks knee cap wool or something so were still waiting for it to be sorted ;D

anyway, because we have no car and lent my car to my son who is away with it somewhere in the misty depths of the Lakedistrict we have been housebound for a week almost.

anyway, havnt been to the shops at all, I started the week with 85 in my purse, weve lived very well on the freezer and store cupboard and Ive now got 83 in my purse cos the old fart nipped to the local shop and bought a couple of newspapers.

so thats the answer, live where there are no buses and dont have a car, youll be rich in no time lol
Page 1
    • Caterina
    • By Caterina 6th Nov 04, 8:49 PM
    • 5,809 Posts
    • 40,356 Thanks
    Caterina
    • 6th Nov 04, 8:49 PM
    Re: Its the cars fault
    • 6th Nov 04, 8:49 PM
    How true!

I already do the no-car thing but with regard to no buses, I am a bit overwhelmed by them, being in London!

The other trick, which I frequently use in times of real tightwadding need, is:

Go out without any money in your pockets!

Caterina
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,879Posts Today

7,026Users online

Martin's Twitter