Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • russfred1
    • By russfred1 19th Jun 19, 11:53 AM
    • 34Posts
    • 5Thanks
    russfred1
    Credit file cleanup questions
    • 19th Jun 19, 11:53 AM
    Credit file cleanup questions 19th Jun 19 at 11:53 AM
    Hi,

I am 5 years post bankruptcy now and have looked at my credit file to see that 2 of the closed accounts have been updated by the lenders, one to May and one June for some reason. All the other closed accounts are within a few weeks of my bankruptcy date which is fine.

My issue with this is that I have no idea what my account numbers for those were, or, how I would find them out.

The lenders are Blackhorse (loan) and Landmark mortgages - my mortgage was with northern rock - for some reason itís always been landmark since my bankruptcy.

Can anyone please advise on how I would get this resolved.

Thanks guys

Russ
Page 1
    • russfred1
    • By russfred1 20th Jun 19, 8:22 PM
    • 34 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    russfred1
    • 20th Jun 19, 8:22 PM
    • 20th Jun 19, 8:22 PM
    Anyone who is able to advise please?

Thanks
    • MovingForwards
    • By MovingForwards 20th Jun 19, 9:06 PM
    • 1,568 Posts
    • 1,834 Thanks
    MovingForwards
    • 20th Jun 19, 9:06 PM
    • 20th Jun 19, 9:06 PM
    http://www.n-ram.co.uk/homeowners/whistletree-landmark/landmark-mortgage-faqs

You should be able to write to blackboard and Landmark with your name, address, DOB and address if different when you took the products out. They should be able to trace you so you may not need the reference numbers.

What have they updated your file to say/show?
    • russfred1
    • By russfred1 21st Jun 19, 2:41 PM
    • 34 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    russfred1
    • 21st Jun 19, 2:41 PM
    • 21st Jun 19, 2:41 PM
    The updated dates for both of them have changed to this year while all of the other accounts are showing the dates from around my bankruptcy date.

Thanks for the advice, I will write to them over the weekend, any particular department?

Thanks

Russ
    • MovingForwards
    • By MovingForwards 21st Jun 19, 3:01 PM
    • 1,568 Posts
    • 1,834 Thanks
    MovingForwards
    • 21st Jun 19, 3:01 PM
    • 21st Jun 19, 3:01 PM
    I would just write to the complaints department, Google it and you will find the addresses
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,941Posts Today

7,640Users online

Martin's Twitter