buy £10 Argos voucher for £5 @ Mighty Deals

2»

Comments

• POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Brynsam wrote: »
    Looking at the problems with previous Mighty Deals vouchers, this might be one to avoid:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/shopping/2015/05/mighty-deals-again-leaves-customers-in-the-lurch-over-tesco-offer

I would not touch mightydeals with a bargepole!!

They could offer a £50 voucher for £5 and would not be interested.
  • emerald21
    emerald21 Posts: 11,349
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Has anyone actually used their voucher yet please ?, I contacted them and they said a voucher would come in 3 to 5 days .
  • Snowbelle
    Snowbelle Posts: 353 Forumite
    Hi emerald I used mine without any problem.
  • emerald21
    Forumite
    Snowbelle wrote: »
    Hi emerald I used mine without any problem.

Hi again lol can you please tell me what yours looked like. I'm still waiting:mad: noticed the money had gone out of my bank . Oh and was it sent to you as an e voucher to your email or did you find it in the mighty deals website under your orders thanks. It's the principle isn t it .
  • Snowbelle
    emerald21 wrote: »
    Hi again lol can you please tell me what yours looked like. I'm still waiting:mad: noticed the money had gone out of my bank . Oh and was it sent to you as an e voucher to your email or did you find it in the mighty deals website under your orders thanks. It's the principle isn t it .
    When I first purchased it I got an initial confirmation email from them, then 24hrs later a 2nd email with a voucher code and a link to redeem this code. On this email it states in capital letters this is not your Argos code. I used the link to put in this code and immediately received a 3rd email saying voucher successfully redeemed, then a 4th email with the actual voucher. The voucher is in a square box and is called your Argos Collection Code. On the left is the code and use by date and details of how to use and on the right the Argos logo with a picture of some people with shopping bags.
  • emerald21
    Forumite
    Snowbelle wrote: »
    When I first purchased it I got an initial confirmation email from them, then 24hrs later a 2nd email with a voucher code and a link to redeem this code. On this email it states in capital letters this is not your Argos code. I used the link to put in this code and immediately received a 3rd email saying voucher successfully redeemed, then a 4th email with the actual voucher. The voucher is in a square box and is called your Argos Collection Code. On the left is the code and use by date and details of how to use and on the right the Argos logo with a picture of some people with shopping bags.

Yes that's what I've got . I showed it them on an iPad but that shouldn t matter . She said the code was invalid, don't know why though. Maybe I can't buy a voucher with it although I'm sure I have in the past. Think I ll try again :mad:
  • emerald21
    Forumite
    Update tried again in another Argos and worked fine . Must be the stupid staff in the other Argos even the manageress didn't know how to do it. Caused me no end of pestering around. Idiots.
  • Snowbelle
    emerald21 wrote: »
    Update tried again in another Argos and worked fine . Must be the stupid staff in the other Argos even the manageress didn't know how to do it. Caused me no end of pestering around. Idiots.
    Glad you got it sorted.
  • KxMx
    KxMx Posts: 10,581
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    Used mine today with no problems.

I did take the precaution of paying Mighty Deals with PayPal so I could more easily raise a dispute!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure