Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• MKS
    MKS Posts: 10,328 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    durham05 wrote: »
    Hi all, didn't get round to trying the android v thing, but did get yogurts. also did the nectar swipe n win got my points from £38 to £102, so not too bad, but had i know you got till spits with gift cards would off paid of our next account using gift cards. will defo remember for next time. live n learn.
    In my news my dd3 had a bay girl on valentines day, she was amazing n managed on gas & air. no name yet, tho she likes Eliza weighed 8lbs 3ozs.
    so that is grandchild no 3. (2 girls & 1 boy) only dd4 to go who is due in May.

Congratulations, durham. I like the name Eliza.
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    This probably wont be the reason in your case but it has happened to Errant son.
    Like a lot of people he used to only use his credit card for dire emergencies and if he did use it (eg the debit card was missing) he automatically transferred the money straight away from the current into the credit card from his online banking so he never had monthly bills.
    So a month came along and he used the credit card. He had set up a direct debit to pay the bill in full when he got his first credit card so he didn't give it another thought. Then he started getting phone calls from the bank about a missed payment. He went online and saw the direct debit had not been actioned, so the bill was still outstanding so he paid the bill himself and complained to the bank who were not sympathetic at all even though it was them that had cancelled the direct debit.
    It turns out that if the direct debit for your credit card is not used in - I think its 14 months then the direct debit is cancelled by the bank. You don't get any notification, no letter, email or phone call. its just stopped. It is written somewhere in amongst the rules and regulations but I don't suppose any of us realise and certainly I cant remember anyone telling me this.
    Quite a few of us have a spare credit card strictly for emergency usage or a store card for somewhere we only visit a couple of times a year, often sat in a drawer and often lost. Get the paperwork out and check the rules and regs but if its not obvious ring your bank and check that the direct debit is still in place and if there is a 14 month ruling. If there is you just have to use the credit card once and then let the direct debit go through and then you know its working again for another year. Mark it on the calendar for next year.
    Martin Lewis said something very useful a few months back. He said to use your emergency card once a month, spend £10 or £15 - say petrol or the ordinary shopping. Then you can put it away for another month. Let the direct debit go through, pay the bill in full - mark the date on the calendar. It will keep the card and the direct debit viable but also that small purchase each month helps with a good credit score - that you have a consistent use of a credit card and in payments.

wendyak wrote: »
    It must be angry person day today....I now feel angry as found a credit card bill which I thought had direct debit but it was a day over and noticed it wasn't mentioned on front page.......rang cs and he was downright rude although I'm never late and pay in full so I closed the account....he kept banging on about treating customers fairly and then said "I won't refund the next person either". I think thats treating customers UNFAIRLY imo Tesco Credit card, so you've lost a customer!
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • MKS
    MKS Posts: 10,328 Forumite
    Just going to christen the Aldi vacuum sealer.

C440_FC86-8_E0_E-48_E0-9_BBF-7_AA9_C13_DC6_F5.jpg

Not with any old bubbs beef, this is the first dtd beef.

There is a lot of it around today. :eek::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • MKS wrote: »
    Just going to christen the Aldi vacuum sealer.

C440_FC86-8_E0_E-48_E0-9_BBF-7_AA9_C13_DC6_F5.jpg

Not with any old bubbs beef, this is the first dtd beef.

There is a lot of it around today. :eek::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Is this now?;)
  • Picasso7
    Picasso7 Posts: 4,038 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    rhosynbach wrote: »
    I agree, totally over the top!! But how are you getting both for 65p?

There was a fridge full of both choobs marked 40p and cheese £1.25 but buy both and they give you 2 smilies to use. So £1 of, and the frubes date is end of month and cheese is end of March. Thought it was a bargain as I freeze frubes and put them in butty boxes frozen. And use lots of cheese.

I'm sorry you had a bad time Rhosy. What are smilies please and is this A?
  • izzeyb
    izzeyb Posts: 5,265 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 15 February 2018 at 2:23PM
    Lidl weekend offers 24th and 25th February

Argentinian Terrantes 75 cl £4.29

Dulano Roast Ham 150g 99p

Floralys Kitchen Towels 4 pack 99p :j :j

AquaPur 5 pack Sponge Cloths 74p
  • Picasso7
    I wish more 3 4 2 offers would pop up.
    1. Lynx spray
    2. bog roll
    3. Ladies sprays
    4. bog roll

Oh oh and another set of Heinz multis too.

BH, I am sorry, but I can't work this one out. Can you fill in the gaps please re the bog roll and the Heinz?
  • Picasso7
    izzeyb wrote: »

Am I mse, environmentally friendly or Scrooge? I have taken to keeping restaurant paper serviettes which are clean and using them as kitchen paper. I don't use a lot anyway as I prefer to wipe with a cloth, and my kitchen paper lasts ages.
  • I dont know whats going in with Asda, out of stock items mounting up - bananas, white potatoes and no substute offered, soy sauce - the one on offer, terrys all gold, shortbread bics and rice and butter I wanted. Its really bad now, not sure if they will keep customers like this. Its OK for the elite if course as advantages to be had!.
  • izzeyb wrote: »

Thanks izzeyb, my massive stash of kitchen rolls worryingly depleted.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure