PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Comments

• 1. I have a nice, peaceful day ahead of me.:)

2. Vegan tacos for dinner tonight. I haven't had them in ages!

3. I'm listening to some relaxing Christmas music now.

4. Lovely bubble bath this morning.

5. I have a few new teas to try today.
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,953 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Oh dear BoP that'll never do.
    Have a lovely time MandM, sounds fab.

Hello all, pleasures since Sunday

1. Had coffee with friend, outpouring
    2. Did the shopping in Ald! - there were only 3 of us in there due to snow.
    3. DD and I had previously arranged a night away in a posh hotel. As there was no reason not to go, we went. it was a lovely and gentle break. The hotel room was free with some insurance policy, but we paid to use the spa facilities and ate in their restaurant. it was the Fishmore Hall in ludlow, Frith. We were in the hot tub, outside in the snow looking over the snowy fields and hills. Spent yesterday morning browsing in Ludlow, such a lovely town.
    4. Everyone is being very kind. On here and in RL. there will be a family sibling crisis at some point but sufficient unto the day and all that.
    5. We went to dinner at friends' house last night - it was postponed from sunday. Driving home in unexpected snow was a bit :eek: (nothing was gritted) but we made it.

Have a lovely day all
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • Just checked my transgressions and there are a few too many to mention, and it would not be BoP to not have a black mark on the side! So there!

Guess that last time I had two in a month as well! So here BoP will post on till such time as what ever next.

More later!
  • 1 Well 1 day to go, I received some lovely autumnal flowers from a colleague today, and the bus driver gave me a card saying I’ve escaped. He he, which I dusted off a vase for, I’m starting to feel rather shattered it’s all catching up a little.
    2 Picked up a reduced Chinese meal thing from Mr T on the way back, it was er an easy way out, but I didn’t need to worry about cooking so all ok.
    3 Washing is on.
    Banking 4 and 5 as shattered there will be lots to write tomorrow.
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    1. Paid solicitor money so she can start work on the property searches.

2. Paid mortgage advisor money so he can formally apply for the mortgage :)

3. Had a really good night's sleep at KW's last night, despite the racket his upstairs neighbour was making, using his washing machine at stupid o'clock, as per usual :( I won't miss that....

4. YS cheeeeeeeeeese and bread for our dinner :) Simple pleasures, eh?!

5. Ordered hopefully the last presents and was amazed at how quickly they've arrived :)

6. Seeing KW tomorrow night *swoon*
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,154 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 14 December 2017 at 11:28PM
    Pleasures for today (Thursday).

1) Good to get up after a ridiculous night's sleep! I had a dream within a dream (dreamed I was awake) which woke me at 3am and I couldn't get back to sleep after that.

2) Survived the worst example of white van driving I have ever seen this morning. The road was TERRIBLE - with thick, white ice right across it and snow still banked up at the edges. I was going at 20mph, not braking at all, with 2 cars at sensible distances behind me. An old man pulled out onto my road (but going the other way) and did so gingerly and sensibly. When we were nearly side by side, I saw in my wing mirror a transit van overtaking the other 2 cars and me! I had to do an emergency stop (on the ice!) which could easily have caused the other cars to crash into me, or skid. The old man had to stop and basically fling his car into the verge/snow. I have no idea how the van managed to squeeze past then cut right in front of my car. The other man gave me a cheery wave and a shake of his head!

3) Got a bit of shopping done in floody city. My school friend asked for a new hot water bottle but the covers are horrid! They are either "fur" which looks like Alsatian pelts or tweed like a sporting jacket. Anyway, I found one with a knitted cover which will be fine.

4) Back home and bigger son had fed the chickens and made himself a pizza.

5) Smaller son did plenty of homework including (drum roll) the first homework he has ever done unsupervised! Hoorah!

6) Bigger son went to his old school on his motorbike to collect his GCSE certificates. He said it was a bit of a non-event as people could go between 3.30 and 5.30 and someone just handed it to him and no one spoke to him at all.

7) A tasty tea of chicken chow mein then a massive trifle made from more raspberries from the freezer. Smaller son is not usually forthcoming with his praise but he said it was "glorious" :-D

8) Bigger son has gone to games night with my brother and brother in law.

Going to my old job in the morning and hoping to get my NVQ signed off once and for all...

I don't know Fishmore Hall, VJsmum, though I pass the end of Fishmore Rd when I drive from here into Ludlow. My usual haunts (not sure how far you looked around) are the very good charity shops, the Olive Branch caf!, Holloways of Ludlow reclamation (just for looking!) and occasionally the castle or a long walk down the back to paddle in the river. If you went over the Clee Hill to get to Ludlow, you were very close to my house.
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,903 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 15 December 2017 at 12:37AM
    9 days and counting bop
    Oo exciting kk
    My aim next year is to attend even more free lectures houseelf there are some great things going on at the uni
    1) a day of annual leave. Bath with lush bath bomb from dd1 - well half a bath bomb cos a little goes a long way
    2) Christmas lunch with friends (hence day off). Took opportunity to also get dd1’s violin restrung and put her bow in for rehairing (that’s her xmas pressie)
    3) then 4pm top of the uni tower for mince pie reception with principal. He’d invited all those who got promoted plus the deans plus the ueg (uni exec group). Very nice, and well worth taking an hour out of my annual leave
    4) late night shopping. Went into home bargains to hunt for a candle stick (am doing the 6 weapons from cluedo for gbf’s pressie) no luck so bought candles instead. But when there I also saw a lovely nutcracker so got that for mum. She loves the ballet and had a ticket but couldn’t go due to a very bad cold. They also had a nutcracker tin of biscuits so got her that too.
    5) met with dd2 and we met up with her school friend and bf and their gorgeous 1 month old. So a very good day. Gbf’s 6 weapons now wrapped - he’s off 17th so need to give them to him Saturday
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,564 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Just in. Long, very long - again - Spits day. Didn't even get everything unpacked today, was just too busy. Ditto at end of day. A late £145 in 3 sales is lovely.
    Surprised I'm doing this at this hour. Cricket on r5x and commentator's/commentators' curse is as yet unstruck.
    Even better. Even more unlikely.
    #
    1. Takings as yet uncounted. Treat in store for a few hours' time. Suspect rather ok:-) Most pleasing that the exceptional antiquarian bk of last week's d!bacle sold again, early, for £170 again.

2. 2 hwbs doing lovely work, tum and toes.

3. Just finished pukeko mug of hot milk and honey.

4. Feeling relieved a big day is done, on heels of all that has happened in last week.

5. Rang France re: events of last week. M. entirely in position to appreciate extraordinary event, having growled re: Adbkes stay.
    #
    It's 0341h. Sign off, &.
    Night all:-)
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,206 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Good morning! Very little voice this morning!

For Thursday :

Went to big shopping centre near Glasgow. Up early enough that it wasn't too busy though we were all evacuated at one point which was a bit unnerving! I only bought some Christmas cards ( duly written later) and paid for lunch. Was with girls and niece, who drove.

Home, briefly , wrote cards, sent off for replacement drivers licence. Walked doggy down to post box. Whilst it's been lovely not being the sole dog walker and he's had some huuuge walks with son I miss my routine of taking him out! Though as its raining today I might just let someone else walk him!

Took DD2 to GP surgery for re-registering appointment with nurse...me and my chocolate dog had already been spotted by her! She lives nearby and had seen we were back.

Then we went to ice rink for GN's ice dance show. Very sweet and much heart swells for my wee tiny on that big rink and just wanting to wave at us! Blooming freezing!

Then it was a quick dash home and dropped of Dd1 and then Dd2 and I went up to school for their panto. Free tickets! Friends daughter was in show, they had spare tickets and did we want them and I'd said no as we had ice show but it finished early so yes we could still go. Panto was great and such talent and confidence always amazes me ( as a very shy child I could just not have done that)

Saw a few friends there that was nice and one of my friends's dads who has dementia remembered me , which was nice for me but I think so nice for her too. And a wee cheeky warm mince pie which was nice ...as I'm never having them in the house again!

Whilst there DD2 got her exam results , so she passed all that she sat but we are querying the ones she had to miss through illness. We are on it! Blooming time difference ! I'm very proud of her though.

Home to ice cream...for throat soothing purposes of course!
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    PK's last day of purgatory :j

Thursday pleasures,

Lazy morning, sat in pj's watching the cricket, slightly better but normal service seems to have been resumed.

Met a friend over the yard and we caught up on all things horsey. Extra security has been put in place after the visit from the hare coursers, it was a good thing that the short tempered yard owner with his selection of shotguns wasn't home at the time :(

Lunch was HM veggie soup with cheese toastie.

Caught up on final episode of The Dectectorists.

Armed with vouchers we hit the emporium with a (small) list of festive drinks, lovely and quiet so plenty of time to peruse.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback