PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 7th May 2018

Comments

• Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Jojo_the_Tightfisted Posts: 27,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 9 May 2018 at 8:27PM
    Honey_Bear wrote: »
    Jojo, very sorry to have to let you know that lovely Billy, landlord of the Dolphin, died on Sunday or Monday this week.

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:( That's very sad, he was really nice - he either remembered or made out that he remembered us whenever we showed up (can't really tell, maybe we just looked like a couple that would have Bass/Ale & a Plymmy Gin - he certainly never tried giving me a Gordon's like some people inexplicably would expect :))
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,419 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    ionafan wrote: »
    Help! I have had a reply about the ad that I placed on Gluetree a couple of weeks ago (child's car seat) and am now panicking about the fact that someone has asked if it is still available and might want to come and see it while DH is out.
    It turns out that this person lives right the other side of the big city - at first, they wanted me to take it over to them (45 min each way), but it turns out they work not far from college so will meet me outside on Tuesday afternoon. Phew! I will offer one of my fellow students a lift into college that day as well as the usual lift home, so that I've got someone with me.
  • Natty68
    Natty68 Posts: 3,336 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    New listy will be posted tomorrow..sorry for delay. Xcc
    Mortgage Free as of 20.9.17
    Declutter challenge 2023, 2024 🏅 🏅⭐️⭐️
    DH declutter challenge award 🏅⭐️
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,660 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    - Keeping up with report writing - just.
    - Sort of keeping up with seed sowing although loads that I planted at Easter are showing not a sign of life.
    Keeping up with weeding/pruning/tidying garden not much although it is looking better, mainly thanks to Mr N.
    - Flying - after a fashion, nothing terrible but don't look too close.
    - Exercise - oh please. Too hot to run. Mr N has gone off dancing (well he always only did it for me) so we've agreed to compromise and do it mainly Sept - April or when Wed eve isn't gardening weather. We'd both been stewing about it, as we knew one of us would feel mean and hateful - he if he gave up what I love, and me if I made him do what he doesn't love! I have been keeping up with zumba, clubbercise and occasional Body Attack, with a few floor/arm exercises now and then. Considering going back to the doc about my shoulder but not keen.

Any news Froddington?
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,077 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Huge congratulations to the Valli Lad!

Billy was a phenomenal landlord, Jojo, and he would have remembered. It really is the end of an era and we're all devastated.

OH being in London I've been up and about for an hour sorting out the kittens, the kitchen and the leftovers of two days of not being able to take two minutes to think things through. Everyhing look a lot better and I have three happy animals. Back later.
    Better is good enough.
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,982 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Dizzy_Imp wrote: »
    Hello flyladies and welcome to the newbies :wave:

Feeling wobbly today, both mentally and physically I'm afraid. I've got a dress on that used to make me feel great, but it now looks like a skin-tight T shirt and is utterly gross. I'm seriously considering going to the GP for help with my eating. Any advice, other than wire my jaws shut?

Right, off to sort out my bedroom. Should burn off a few calories...

have you looked at the hypnosis 'gastric band' thing.. obviously it isnt invasive or free but it might be a help.. I think there are similar procedures using reflexology and acupuncture..
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • froddington
    froddington Posts: 6,697 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Narc0lepsy wrote: »
    Any news Froddington?

Thanks everyone for all the hugs and good wishes. Took mum to the GP on Tues along with a list of some of the things that had been happening - she now has anti-anxiety meds, antibiotics and a referral to the mental health team. Fingers crossed the meds kick in soon . . . . .

Flying here almost non-existent but I have just put some washing in, the rubbish went out this morning and I've washed up!

Hugs to all xx
    "There's only one way of life and that's your own" - Levellers

"I'm feeling like a Monday but someday I'll be Saturday night" - Bon Jovi
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Honey_Bear wrote: »
    \rant alert

I've discovered something rather un-nerving. I'm so used to guests staying here that when a friend comes to stay and takes over my entire life, requiring all my attention during waking hours - I get to screaming pitch very, very quickly. Give me a paying guest over a ceaselessly needy friend any day.

If he were unhappy I could understand the neediness but he's not, just hyper attention-demanding, physically not aware about crowding people and emotionally incredibly intense. I expect that makes me a horrible person.

I've told him that Kelpie's hydrotherapy session, being run by a vet nurse, is a closed medical treatment and therefore I can't take him with me. This is an out and out lie - I've taken masses of people to watch. I'm a very bad person.

\end of rant
    No you are not a bad person. You have to defend your sanity; and as far as I can see, the only alternative to telling a white lie would have been the truth: "You can't come with me because I find you an overwhelmingly needy pain in the derriere, and I need some time away from you". Now, you tell me which is kinder? :o

Btw, this is one of the reasons I'm far more comfortable with dogs; I have one acquaintance who, if she gets on the phone, will happily spend well over an hour bending her [STRIKE]victim[/STRIKE] friend's ear about all her woes and worries and how life has kicked her when she's down yet again, without so much as a thought for how the other person is or what worries they may be going through, and without letting them get a word in edgeways.

Curtains all got washed, dried and re-hung successfully; we have our cases packed now, apart from the few bits we can't put in til the last moment (think hearing aid charger, that type of thing) and we're due to set off at sparrowfart tomorrow.

I probably won't get onto MSE while we're away - hotel wi-fi plus a DH who doesn't like me spending time online on holiday - so I'll probably "see" you all on 21st May. :wave:
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,906 Forumite
    Hello all. Hugs for Frodders and anyone else who needs one. I've been lurking but not posting, thanks for the list.

Think I need to menu plan as per the list now that I have a working fridge/freezer again.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,890 Forumite
    Good morning

Sorry for being awol, but I have been trying desperately to fly around the edges. When I got in yesterday I cracked on with my list, as I knew that I would get distracted if I so much as looked at the tablet. So the bathrooms were cleaned and a mound of paperwork cleared. Unfortunately the filing cabinet is now bursting, so one job off the list, and another one added.

I'm glad to hear that you got some progress, Frodders. X
    I'm sure it's too late, but have a lovely holiday LW.
    Iona - I'm totally with you. I have lots that I am sure braver people than me would sell on gluetree or give away on freezecycle, but the thought of having to manage the person coming round to collect just terrifies me.

Must dash, I'll hopefully catch up later. Have a good day all.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure