Repaying a Clarity Card

Hi All,

What is the repayment schedule for a Halifax Clarity card in order to avoid charges and interest?

For example if in October 1st 2017 I withdrew £100 from the account and on October 22nd 2017 I withdrew £50, when do these amounts need to be repaid in order to avoid all charges?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• The amounts need to be paid by the due date shown the statement that each transaction appears on.

You'll only avoid interest on purchases. Cash will attract interest from the transaction date.
  • Cotta
    Cotta Posts: 3,667 Forumite
    The amounts need to be paid by the due date shown the statement that each transaction appears on.

You'll only avoid interest on purchases. Cash will attract interest from the transaction date.

So if something is paid for online etc this will avoid interest?
  • Yes, as long as it's not a cash transaction.
  • Nebulous2
    Nebulous2 Posts: 5,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Cotta wrote: »
    So if something is paid for online etc this will avoid interest?

That isn't what you were discussing earlier though. You need to be very careful mixing cash withdrawals and purchases.
  • bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Cotta wrote: »
    Hi All,

What is the repayment schedule for a Halifax Clarity card in order to avoid charges and interest?

For example if in October 1st 2017 I withdrew £100 from the account and on October 22nd 2017 I withdrew £50, when do these amounts need to be repaid in order to avoid all charges?

Thanks in advance

If these are cash withdrawals, with no balance being carried, then you can pay the day after withdrawal with practically no interest.

If they are normal purchases then simply pay by the date required on teh statement.

If a combination then it's more fiddly, but doing the former will work though you lose the interest free period for the purchases.
  • Cotta
    Ok I bought something for £50 on my Clarity card, I subsequently paid the £50 to my Clarity card within two days so the balance is at £0. However the £50 I spent on the item is being refunded to my card which will put the account at +£50, I assume there is no charge to withdraw this as cash?
  • Shouldn't be.

But I'm curious as to why you made a purchase and then paid it off two days later, only to get a refund subsequently....
  • Cotta
    Shouldn't be.

But I'm curious as to why you made a purchase and then paid it off two days later, only to get a refund subsequently....

That was a scenario, I worded it poorly.
  • Cotta wrote: »
    That was a scenario, I worded it poorly.

I think one-off there's no problem. But if you were doing this repeatedly (in order to avoid breaking the T+Cs and whilst still avoiding the interest), I would expect some automated system to cough at some point.
  • Cotta wrote: »
    Hi All,

Thanks in advance

Your examples are in £, so are you withdrawing cash in the UK?

If so just use your debit card to avoid interest, without jumping through all these hoops.

If you are abroad, withdraw cash, enjoy your holiday and settle the few pennies in interest you are charged upon your return without jeopardising the card's T&C's.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure