Comments

• ceredigion
    ceredigion Posts: 3,709 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    aj23 wrote: »
    Where am I reading things which aren't there exactly:

Current Account:
    "Complete a full switch through the Current Account Switch Service, including a minimum of four active Direct Debits"
    https://bank.marksandspencer.com/current-accounts/mands-current-account/

Regular Saver:
    "Only available to current account customers who have switched to us using the Current Account Switch Service and have two active Direct Debits."
    https://bank.marksandspencer.com/save-invest/monthly-saver/

You are reading things that are not there.
    The first link that you provided is to get the switching incentive , the second link is for the RS. The two are exclusive and not designed to be read in conjunction. If all you want is the RS ,you have to switch an account. There is no requirement within that to switch any direct debits , it simply says switch an account . You also have to have two ditrect debits set up on your account, it does not say that these direct debits have to be switched to them. So they can be set up at any time. Anything else you are reading is not there.
  • aj23_2
    aj23_2 Posts: 1,155 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    ceredigion wrote: »
    You are reading things that are not there.
    The first link that you provided is to get the switching incentive , the second link is for the RS. The two are exclusive and not designed to be read in conjunction. If all you want is the RS ,you have to switch an account. There is no requirement within that to switch any direct debits , it simply says switch an account . You also have to have two ditrect debits set up on your account, it does not say that these direct debits have to be switched to them. So they can be set up at any time. Anything else you are reading is not there.

Well I gave you the quote and another user has just questioned the difference too it is must be you who is not reading properly. I even put it in bold for you ha
  • ceredigion
    Options
    Give up
    ……..
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Where am I reading things which aren't there exactly:
    I think ceredigion's point is you're not reading the actual product T&Cs...you're reading 'advertising'.

Read the actual Monthly Saver T&Cs. If you get to the 2nd paragraph you've gone too far, so go back and read the 1st one again.

Clue: It's important to understand the difference between the words "has" and "had (at the time of the switch)".
  • aj23_2
    Options
    I think ceredigion's point is you're not reading the actual product T&Cs...you're reading 'advertising'.

Read the actual Monthly Saver T&Cs. If you get to the 2nd paragraph you've gone too far, so go back and read the 1st one again.

Clue: It's important to understand the difference between the words "has" and "had (at the time of the switch)".

If the advertising is different to the T+Cs then surely that's an issue too. Either way the M&S one is pretty convoluted so I'm going to avoid it now.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    You could use one of the DD’s to pay the credit card, no? :D
  • aj23_2
    Options
    !!! wrote: »

Nope, because I don't use it every month. :beer:
  • YorkshireBoy
    Options
    Nope, because I don't use it every month. :beer:
    You really don't get it do you? Clue: Do the DDs on the M&S account have to actually pay out or merely exist on the account?
  • YorkshireBoy
    Options
    Well I gave you the quote and another user has just questioned the difference too it is must be you who is not reading properly. I even put it in bold for you ha
    Spending your time emboldening the word "have", rather than the other bit, would have been far more productive than typing a claim that another poster can't read! I wonder if you'll eat some humble pie and apologise to the chap who, twice in this thread, tried to help you before giving up? We'll see.
  • ceredigion
    Options
    !!! wrote: »

Would that be the card that gives you £20 for spending a quid by any chance.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure