Getting back on the MFW Wagon

Comments

• Howdy all.

Bit of a mixed day, rubbish day at work; my workload seems to be getting bigger and I have just taken on 8 line reports who have not been managed properly before, so I'm facing quite a lot of resistance and 'working to rule' which is very unhelpful. I will persevere and try my best.

It's days like this that make me remember why we want to be MF asap.

On a more positive note, I sold something on eBay last night and have netted around £6.50 after postage and fees. 8 lots listed at the minute, only one has a bid on, but it's all money for the pot.

£20 top up shop today as we had run out of lunch box stuff - I didn't realise how quickly we went through this, grabbed a couple of bottles of milk too. This will see us into the weekend and then I will do a weekly shop next Monday. Sticking to the meal plan too, which is good.

Picking up some OT this weekend, which will be good. That will go into next months wage packet though.

On the upside, it is almost a bank holiday weekend :D
    2022 Target - Reduce new mortgage balance after house move - Part 1 (Ported) Starting balance £39,982.12 currently £37,242.19 Part 2 Starting Balance £101,997.88 currently £96,197.38 (as at 19/04/2022)
  • earthgirl
    earthgirl Posts: 3,762 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Great work with ebay NHS. My work is the opposite at the moment and not much to do. I'm thinking of things though ;)
    Hope it gets easier soon.
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
  • Fancy swapping work earthgirl? :rotfl:

NSD today, and I have to go off to work again soon for some overtime this evening (just popped home to pick LO up from nursery and grab some dinner).

More OT booked tomorrow evening too :money:

My expenses will be paid on Friday along with my wages, so am looking forward to money shuffles.

Two eBay items have bids on and some more watchers on them, so everything is ticking along in the right direction.
    2022 Target - Reduce new mortgage balance after house move - Part 1 (Ported) Starting balance £39,982.12 currently £37,242.19 Part 2 Starting Balance £101,997.88 currently £96,197.38 (as at 19/04/2022)
  • Needhelpsaving
    Needhelpsaving Posts: 1,083 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 23 August 2017 at 3:34PM
    Just stopping by with a quick update.

Its payday on Friday, so I have rounded down my current account to £10 and have withdrawn £7.07 from paypal for this weeks sale (after fees).

This has bought the savings account up to £283.59/£3000.

£1.92 has been dropped into the mortgage piggy after clearing out my purse.

ETA - Just redeemed £5 paypal from Receipt Hog. Will move this to savings once it comes into my paypal account.
  • The last two days have not been NSD's :o

Yesterday, I spent £3.80 on two ice creams at the local park and used a £5 off No7 voucher to buy OH a face wash (I stockpile when this offer us on), so that was another £3.50.

I used my Boots points to buy OH razors, so that saved some pennies :D

Today I needed to pay out £50 to have our wills amended, but I view this as an investment toward our future security.

Other than the will change, no money has left my purse.

Payday tomorrow, budget in place and £500 put by for a Mortgage OP :D The savings will not change much this month, as we need to have two carpets replaced and have some money to pay off CC (my work expenses).

I have also given myself a bigger grocery budget this month, as I stock up on washing powder, dishwasher tablets etc once every 3 months, and this is the month I need to replenish the cupboards. We also have my younger brother and his girlfriend coming over for a takeaway and we will be picking up the bill for this as its the first time we are meeting her.
  • michelle09
    michelle09 Posts: 912 Forumite
    Doesn't seem like you had bad spend days even if they weren't NSD.

Hope it goes well with your brother's girlfriend. It's so much easier if you get on with them.
  • Needhelpsaving
    edited 24 August 2017 at 7:44PM
    michelle09 wrote: »
    Doesn't seem like you had bad spend days even if they weren't NSD.

Hope it goes well with your brother's girlfriend. It's so much easier if you get on with them.

Thanks Michelle, you are right they were small/justified spends . . . but these NSD's seem to become additive after you get a few under your belt :rotfl:

I think we will get on with brothers GF - she makes him happy, so that's a tick in the big sisters box straight away ;)

ETA - sold £4.40 of items on ebay (kiddies clothing). They will go out in the post either tomorrow or Saturday. I will net around £4 after fees - it doesn't set the world on fire; but it de-clutters our home and puts some money in the savings pot.

Also need to call a home appliance insurance company - called to cancel plan, DD taken after plan cancelled and they have said they will refund it . . . but I need to call to tell them I want it/it was taken. Again, around £5, but it all adds up.

4 lots still on ebay (2 BIN and 2 Auction). Again, smaller/lower value items.
  • michelle09
    michelle09 Posts: 912 Forumite
    I've not actually tried the NSDs because I'm worried I'll just overspend on other days to compensate. But we have a hard few months of saving coming up so maybe I'll give that a go.

This is true! I had a little trouble with my baby brother's girlfriend to start with because I was really fond of the previous one. It's a big sister's perogative to be protective! (I love the girlfriend now though, she's very good for him).
  • Needhelpsaving
    edited 26 August 2017 at 9:50AM
    Good morning.

Payday has been and gone, money shuffles were done last night. I paid for the family days out on the CC, so that we could take a chunk off of the family loan.

This means that I was only able to send £382.80 to the Mortgage as an OP. I would have liked to hit £500 again - I love getting those letters from the bank!

We did however pay £1030 off of the family loan, bringing it down to £3020. This will be paid off by the end of 2017.

Money has also been put aside for my dad's birthday, hair cuts/trims and carpet fitting in two upstairs rooms.

Nursery fees ended this month, as we paid for both August and 1 week in Sept at the same time. This saving will help with hitting the family loan, the only downside is that the tax man has taken a chunk of it in tax - I didn't realise how much tax we saved with CC vouchers.

Two items on ebay have got bids on. One sold item needs to be sent today and the second one will be sent on Tues (as the buyer asked us to delay posting). £14.00 sent over to savings.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
  • Needhelpsaving
    edited 28 August 2017 at 6:39PM
    Good morning.

I hope everyone is enjoying the bank holiday weekend :beer:

Ours has been shortened with both me and OH having picked up OT, but it has still been enjoyable.

Saturday had some spends, £1.30 eBay postage, £20 for LO dance show costume and the Asda shop (including loads of cleaning stuff) at £110.

Yesterday was an NSD and today will follow suit.

I sold two items on eBay yesterday, so these will be sent out tomorrow with the third parcel that the buyer asked me to send after BH. Should net £8ish on the two newest sales, after fees.

I have called the company who took a direct debit after the account had been cancelled and they have confirmed that the refund will be with me by Tuesday next week. It's about £5, but it all adds up.

Receipts uploaded to receipthog. It does take a while to get to £5, but it's money for very little effort on my part.

I have two shopping surveys to do from receipts - got to be in it to win it. - Done

Will check swagbucks and onepoll this afternoon. Will also check out shopitize? I think that's what it's called. :o

ETA - Downloaded shopmium to my iPhone, so need to keep checking it to make the most of it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure