Kantar - Royal Mail Monitoring and Posting Panel

Comments

• I have accumulated lots of stamps. where is the best place to sell them off in bulk? any suggestions. I probably have almost £200 worth
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,818 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 15 January 2019 at 2:26PM
    I have accumulated lots of stamps. where is the best place to sell them off in bulk? any suggestions. I probably have almost £200 worth
    I used to shift mine on ebay and 5% off face worked but you are now competing against a lot of fakes at 20% off so have to price with that in mind. Might be worth asking a corner shop if they want them.
  • Saetana wrote: »
    Its supposed to be 1-2 parcels per month according to the FAQs. I've had two in one week before and a total of three in one month - its getting worse, more and more parcels as time goes on. I wouldn't mind so much if they were stamped parcels but having to pay in cash and get vouchers in return is a pain - especially for the larger parcels costing £5+.

I'm due to finish on the main survey this month, will have to consider whether I want to bother or not when they invite me back later this year - its getting to be too much work for too little pay now :(
    I was on training then went to permanent during early December. Got a cube to post every week and only one small local post office where there are only three staff so difficult. Also got an e-mail to say they were taking me off within 3 - 4 months so that others in my area could have a turn. This was despite them not inviting me back for over three years. I contacted them in January and told them in no uncertain terms that I was resigning with immediate effect. Not worth the effort necessary now. At least I didn't get one of the medium £5+ to post boxes.
  • I got told I was only going to be on the panel for three or four months too. I'm fed up with cubes too - the post office is over a mile from my house and the woman in there is quite used to me giving her cubes and she knows what's inside them (foam). I'm sure she knows about the panel too.

I won't resign but seriously thinking about not doing it again after this time.
  • purkles
    purkles Posts: 24 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I'm just on the wind-down at the end of 6 months and expect it to completely stop at the end of January. The buggars have snuck in 2 cubes in my last week to be posted on the same day though :rotfl: arghhh
  • NBLondon
    NBLondon Posts: 5,527 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    I have accumulated lots of stamps. where is the best place to sell them off in bulk? any suggestions. I probably have almost £200 worth
    molerat wrote: »
    I used to shift mine on ebay and 5% off face worked but you are now competing against a lot of fakes at 20% off so have to price with that in mind. Might be worth asking a corner shop if they want them.
    I was going to say that I've always got rid of my excess Large 1sts on eBay - but that's selling one booklet at a time and making 80-85% of face. Selling as a job lot - no idea what it would make... and our talpid friend is right; there are lots of forgeries or re-used ones (see this news item) out there in eBay land which could either undercut you or make buyers suspicious.
    Wash your Knobs and Knockers... Keep the Postie safe!
  • m1kjm
    m1kjm Posts: 1,264 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker

You could consider selling to a dealer for example:
    https://www.stampsforsale.co.uk/selling-stamps
  • m1kjm wrote: »
    You could consider selling to a dealer for example:
    https://www.stampsforsale.co.uk/selling-stamps

There is also this site, which seems to pay a higher percentage of face value (68% rather than 50%).

https://www.philatelink.co.uk/buying-prices-4-w.asp
    Northern Ireland club member No 382 :j
  • molerat wrote: »
    Usual TNS organisational skills. £2 vouchers received for wk 31 Dec. Nothing posted that wk but did have a cube wk 17 Dec :o

Me too, had two £2 vouchers for week 3 December. I posted cubes 11 and 14 December
  • 17lbp
    17lbp Posts: 192 Forumite
    Just back on the panel after moving to a new area.
    Which postboxes can i use? Do they have to be in my postcode area or can I use one W route to work which is different postcode?
    Sorry have searched but can’t find the answer.
    TIA
    Massive thanks to all who contribute on the MSE forums, especially on grabbit and competition boards
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure