Lifeline for mortgage prisoners as MSE campaign takes huge step forward - MSE News

Options
The financial watchdog is to consult on introducing new lending rules which could help free more up to 140,000 mortgage prisoners, in a huge step forward for MoneySavingExpert's campaign...
Read the full story:
'Lifeline for mortgage prisoners as MSE campaign takes huge step forward'
OfficialStamp.gif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.

Comments

• silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,960 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm curious why 80% of these mortgage prisoners are with unregulated lenders.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • MortgageMamma
    Options
    There is too much talking to little action regarding this issue and it should have been sorted out years ago. I'm impatient to see the ACTUAL rules and if they really do help these poor people.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • badmemory
    badmemory Posts: 7,793 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    silvercar wrote: »
    I'm curious why 80% of these mortgage prisoners are with unregulated lenders.

Me too! I wonder if they have any financial oversight at all? Not that NRAM had much but even they had some! What would happen if those unregulated lenders went kaput?
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    badmemory wrote: »
    Not that NRAM had much but even they had some!

UKAR still have plenty on their books. Plenty of challenges lie ahead. Not least funding.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure