Friend's Daughter has spent £450 on Roblox without her knowledge

Comments

• You'll have to contact MS first before you open a dispute or file for a refund. Also, how does she plan to avoid it in the future?
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    hitor87 wrote: »
    You'll have to contact MS first before you open a dispute or file for a refund. Also, how does she plan to avoid it in the future?

The OP got it sorted, need to read the other thread.
  • Kinzey
    Kinzey Posts: 92 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    There was a similar story on telly the other day on a show called robbing from your relatives. The boy was taking his mums bank card out of her purse to buy fortnite credits and add ons etc, he was so addicted. They were actually from my home town lol. But good news is xbox refunded what was spent. The consoles should have more security on the accounts if children are playing so they are unable to buy things. Or if they do buy something there should be a prompt sent to the parents phone asking permission to get whatever it is they are trying to buy
  • Cefca
    Cefca Posts: 68 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Kinzey wrote: »
    The consoles should have more security on the accounts if children are playing so they are unable to buy things.

There is plenty already, the problem is people not using them.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Cefca wrote: »
    There is plenty already, the problem is people not using them.

Exactly, like I posted on the other thread, there are measures that can be used but some parents don't use them. If your not sure how to set them up either Google it or look for YouTube videos.
  • This is a massive problem and one that can be avoided.

Leicestershire police did a very useful series of videos over Christmas explaining how parents could set up privacy settings on the new consoles they were buying their kids over Christmas.

More things like this should be in the public eye
  • I agree with Tubby Down on this one.

:money:
  • Roblox addiction is a problem for the youth of today. The digital age in full effect
  • same happened to me, kids now baned!
  • motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,473 Forumite
    same happened to me, kids now baned!

Why are you going around digging up very old posts that have otherwise been resolved / concluded and resurrecting them to draw the same conclusion?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure