“Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.”

Comments

• Goodness. That is shocking. Let's see if someone can suggest a better way.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Would the credit union be any help , they do small loans and you can pay it back through your salary.

Glad you are back.
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Would the credit union be any help , they do small loans and you can pay it back through your salary.

Glad you are back.

You have to save with them first at the one in B town. I don't know if its the same everywhere x

I'm glad I'm back, fresh start and sticking to what here is for ;) X
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • System
    I would still have a look I don't think you have to save much , but not 100% of the ins and outs . I had a loan with them once , I found it handy the money coming straight out of my salary.
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Will investigate if there's more than the one there. The one on the square couldn't it this month. Not sure how to find if there's a different one local. Will look when I'm home. Thank you x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • System
    Do you qualify for a crisis loan via the benefits agency ? You might need certain benefits to qualify so not sure about that either. Things keep springing to my mind !
  • System
    One last pearl of wisdom, when you started work did you join a union, I know Unison have a hardship fund and I think if you are in a school this is the most likely one you would be in. If you did and are they may be able to offer assistance.

Will leave you in peace now !
  • Hopefully without causing offence to anyone this time. I will very much keep to Debt busting and cleaning this time :o :rotfl:

Or maybe its the cleaning that's the problem!

Found you :T:j

I am loving the very positive title and also your new name!!!

Actually all the talk of cleaning does offend me, I realise just how lazy I am when I come on this diary:rotfl:
  • Do you qualify for a crisis loan via the benefits agency ? You might need certain benefits to qualify so not sure about that either. Things keep springing to my mind !

Unfortunately crisis loans no longer exist, most local councils offer food parcels and gas/electric vouchers but no cash.
  • Did you manage to speak to Housing Benefit to see if your claim has been assessed?

Some credit unions offer loans linked to Child Benefit so it you agree to have your Child Benefit paid to them then you can have a loan. Then on Child benefit day they take some to cover the loan and the rest you can go and collect or save.

I know there are only 9 days until the end of the month but I am hoping the HB/CTB claim comes through as that will solve most of the issue with the rent and council tax.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback