Want to reclaim tax back but employer put wrong NI Number

I've been taxed which I'm entitled to claim back but I was checking my pay slip and my employer has written my NI number wrong.

What can I do in this situation?

Comments

• Wywth
    Wywth Posts: 5,079 Forumite
    Cephalon wrote: »
    I've been taxed which I'm entitled to claim back but I was checking my pay slip and my employer has written my NI number wrong.

I would suggest you inform your employer of the error in your NINO he has written on your pay advice.

More useful information can be found on the Citizens Advice self-help website www.adviceguide.org.uk or by calling the Citizens Advice Consumer Helpline (0845 4040506) or contacting your local CAB office.
  • you could try ringing the tax office, with the correct N.I number it may be quicker
  • CAB_Malvern_Hills_representative
    CAB_Malvern_Hills_representative Posts: 153 Organisation Representative
    Cephalon wrote: »

Hi

We would suggest that you contact:

HM Revenue and Customs National Insurance Helpline for employees and individuals
    Tel: 0845 302 1479 (Monday to Friday from 8.00am to 5.00pm)
    Textphone: 0845 915 3296

and

If you have received notification of the rebate from your local tax office write to them.
    Official CAB Representative
    I am an official representative of CAB. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to questions on the CAB Board. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. If you believe I’ve broken any rules please report my post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com as usual"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure