Employer hasnt paid my tax rebate!!

Comments

• chel29
    chel29 Posts: 24 Forumite
    YoYoY wrote: »
    I'd like to think that was the case, but the OP has just logged off again :(

I apologise i had to collect my children from school :-)
  • chel29
    Hi chel29, and thanks for coming back.

Could I ask you again please, what were the excuses you referred to in your OP that the employer gave you regarding your request for the wages you are entitled to be paid in full and on time?

I need to try to understand why they have not paid you what you believe you were owed in order to provide you appropriate further advice :)

well mostly i was ignored but i was told the accountant had got it wrong :cool: or that she couldnt get hold of the accountant!! after that she avoided replying to my emails all the time. even getting my wages each week was a struggle.
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,816
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Are you misreading your payslips at all.

Is the total amount at the bottom what went into your bank (i presume you are paid electronically)

If they werent paying you a refund it wouldnt be on your payslip.

It is confusing
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • YoYoY
    YoYoY Posts: 281 Forumite
    edited 14 September 2012 at 3:13PM
    chel29 wrote: »
    well mostly i was ignored but i was told the accountant had got it wrong :cool: or that she couldnt get hold of the accountant!! after that she avoided replying to my emails all the time. even getting my wages each week was a struggle.

I'm not sure what the accountant has to do with things unless the accountant runs the employer's payroll in which case the accountant has got it wrong! ;)

As McKneff says, you should be paid what your paylip says.
    So get in contact with the employer and demand that money if it's not been paid. Don't email, call or visit in person.

They may ask you to contact their accountant if that is who runs their payroll. I can't see why the accountant wouldn't pay you what the payslip they issued said (if they do run payroll - you'd know that based on the payslips you received)
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,816
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I have just had a thought, if it was in last years tax period, perhaps you need to do the reclaim from HMRC.

Do you have your P60 from last year.

Can you post the details on it, on here.
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • chel29
    McKneff wrote: »
    Are you misreading your payslips at all.

Is the total amount at the bottom what went into your bank (i presume you are paid electronically)

If they werent paying you a refund it wouldnt be on your payslip.

It is confusing

no i havnt misread my wageslip :-) plus i was informed from my supervisor the amount I was getting paid back.
    my wage slip is like this:

basic 20 hours @ 6ph 120.00
    commission 1.00 19.62
    phone cost 1.00 7.28
    back pay 30.00 (this was due to holiday not paid)
    Paye tax -793.60
    national insurance 4.50

net pay: 966.00

I was paid £172.40 into my bank that week :(

hope this helps
  • YoYoY
    I have just had a thought, if it was in last years tax period, perhaps you need to do the reclaim from HMRC.

No, not in this instance McKneff :)

The OP claims the rebate was shown on their payslip 6 months ago (i.e. last tax year) following a tax code change and relates to 8 months previously when they were on BR tax code.
  • chel29
    I'm not sure what the accountant has to do with things unless the accountant runs the employer's payroll in which case the accountant has got it wrong! ;)

As McKneff says, you should be paid what your paylip says.
    So get in contact with the employer and demand that money if it's not been paid. Don't email, call or visit in person.

They may ask you to contact their accountant if that is who runs their payroll. I can't see why the accountant wouldn't pay you what the payslip they issued said (if they do run payroll - you'd know that based on the payslips you received)

I have tried for several months to call my employer but i only have an email address and the hotels phone number but my employer is rarely there and when they are they just say they are busy :(I cant visit them in person as im in milton keynes and they are in scotland lol I was informed months ago that im not allowed to contact their accountant either.I think (i think the accountant works all the wages out and pay slips bla bla and my boss pays the wages)
  • chel29

I never got a p60 either :(
  • YoYoY
    chel29 wrote: »
    no i havnt misread my wageslip :-) plus i was informed from my supervisor the amount I was getting paid back.
    my wage slip is like this:

basic 20 hours @ 6ph 120.00
    commission 1.00 19.62
    phone cost 1.00 7.28
    back pay 30.00 (this was due to holiday not paid)
    Paye tax -793.60
    national insurance 4.50

net pay: 966.00

I was paid £172.40 into my bank that week :(

hope this helps

Is that not less than the NMW? :huh:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income