And now the fuse is lit...

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,271 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    ZTD wrote: »
    It "earns" me (saved mortgage interest) about £60 pcm, yet lets me retain ISAs for the future.

It is a bit of a tart on - but should mean I stay tax-free while "saving" at my mortgage rate.

That's great then.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,463 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ZTD wrote: »
    No...it didn't go smoothly. When same-day "Faster Payments" aren't available, you really do miss them...

I'm starting to think that TSB have their own version of the payments system "fast-ish" payments. The money disappears just long enough for you to crap yourself and then appears in the account just when you think about calling them :rotfl:
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sorry about the Slow Payment Scheme, but £60pcm is a wonderful thing :) well done you. Very stretchy pound notes you've got :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • beanielou
    Options
    Tsb are not the best & all the good offers go to new customers which makes me :mad:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    Options
    I'm starting to think that TSB have their own version of the payments system "fast-ish" payments. The money disappears just long enough for you to crap yourself and then appears in the account just when you think about calling them :rotfl:

Well to be fair on the occasion I used them, TSB did their little "Faster Payments" animation, and true to their word, the money did appear in the BS a few hours later.

FD said OTOH "The receiving institution say they will credit your account at the end of the next working day." It made me think I should have transferred it to TSB and then onto the BS...except that it re-surfaced in the BS a couple of hours later the same day... :huh:

On the way back however, I started the BS submission on the Friday, and the Monday morning it still wasn't back into the bank. I did expect trouble and had left enough money in the bank account to pay the mortgage, but even so... :mad:
    Karmacat wrote: »
    Sorry about the Slow Payment Scheme, but £60pcm is a wonderful thing :) well done you. Very stretchy pound notes you've got :)

I try to make them work when I have them. To make up for my expensive tastes... :whistle:
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • ZTD
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Tsb are not the best & all the good offers go to new customers which makes me :mad:

When they were lloydstsb, they were hopeless. So many times I bought something with my card, it was flagged as fraudulent - even things like car insurance. :doh:

I eventually went to FD because they were sooooo crap when I was trying to buy a set of tyres before going off on holiday.

I didn't close the account, just dropped the balance to way down low. However, now as TSB, they have a bit better idea of customer service, and a bit more in terms of paying interest, so the balance is back up.

My main gripe is that lloyds took all of the best branches. Every "new" tsb branch I've been in, looks a bit like a Credit Union with ambitions...
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • beanielou
    Options
    No lloyds up here now.
    They are all Tsb's I think.
    I think most of them will close at some point.
    Ours is down to 4 days.
    The RBS (!!) closes this month.

• ZTD
    Options
    Today has been a bit of a learning experience in many ways, most of all in a "I didn't realise..." kind of way.

Trouble a' t'mill at a local housing company - I know some people working there. As is the usual thing, not listening and then wondering about staff retention later...
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • ZTD
    Options
    Ooh look, the variable width "green" theme has gone, and the fixed one substituted. Or the "Brazillian Green" as I call it - only interesting in a thin strip.

Shall I, as a fully paid-up member of the PC Master Race give up resolution and live like a Console Peasant?

maxresdefault.jpg
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,372 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hope all is good with you Z - you've gone quiet.
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business