PIP: Not All Horror Stories

2»

Comments

• ... it's not rocket science to conclude those who have been getting DLA may well qualify for PIP despite a difference in process and criteria.

You would have expected that to be the case. But like everything there are exceptions to the rule. And without taking over this thread, my own case proves the exception - DLA (HRM & MRC) to 0 for PIP!
    But having said that the statistics do bear out your opinion given that approx. 3 out of 4 transfers do in fact end up with a PIP award of some level.
  • Muttleythefrog
    Muttleythefrog Posts: 19,742 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 17 March 2017 at 10:20PM
    Shecar wrote: »
    Well, I phoned and have been told that the report has still not been received - the DWP employee did confirm that there was a note on the system that we had requested a copy as soon as it comes in. She also confirmed that they do receive these electronically and that the wait to receive reports can be a couple of weeks ......................... might explain why our assessor said that the wait to hear from the DWP might be up to 8 weeks??
    I wonder if it has been held up due to audit.. I'm thinking off top of head here but I think a certain proportion will face auditing. I would take a solid here that the HCP in question may also face additional internal non standard scrutiny. Otherwise there'd be no obviously explanation for delays... the report should have been finished after assessment... same day. I wonder if it is worth you emailing ... Capita isn't it?... and saying the DWP are still awaiting report from assessment date x... what is the hold up. That might provoke them to address any admin error or otherwise inform you of legitimate reason.

ETA I see you have now contacted Capita who confirm still with assessor. I could only suggest the above is therefore more likely.
    "Do not attribute to conspiracy what can adequately be explained by incompetence" - rogerblack
  • Muttleythefrog
    Muttleythefrog Posts: 19,742 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    You would have expected that to be the case. But like everything there are exceptions to the rule. And without taking over this thread, my own case proves the exception - DLA (HRM & MRC) to 0 for PIP!
    But having said that the statistics do bear out your opinion given that approx. 3 out of 4 transfers do in fact end up with a PIP award of some level.
    There is no rule... it's a trend.... rather like hospitals seem to get an unusually high proportion of sick people check in.
    "Do not attribute to conspiracy what can adequately be explained by incompetence" - rogerblack
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure