Working full time - how to access help

Options
Hello. Is it possible, to get help from the CAB by email? I had help earlier in the year, when I could get to the local centre for help, but am now not able to get there, and need advice again.
Is it possible to do this and get help by email or phone?

thank you

Comments

• pickpocketlocket
    Options
    Depends on your local set up - some offer an email service, some do not. Most offer help by phone, although you would need to call in office hours. What do you need help with? There may be another agency that can help.
  • helpfulperson
    helpfulperson Posts: 39 Forumite
    edited 10 September 2012 at 11:30AM
    Options
    Don't forget that you can also get a lot of useful help and information from the Citizens Advice AdviceGuide website.

As I am a new user on this site I cannot include the link in this message, but there is a link to it in the PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING Sticky thread above.
  • CAB_Malvern_Hills_representative
    CAB_Malvern_Hills_representative Posts: 153 Organisation Representative
    Options
    jonty1970 wrote: »
    Hello. Is it possible, to get help from the CAB by email? I had help earlier in the year, when I could get to the local centre for help, but am now not able to get there, and need advice again.
    Is it possible to do this and get help by email or phone?

thank you

HI

With reference to your request for help from CAB, the website below will give you details of your local CAB Office.

www.adviceguide.org.uk

Generally you can the either contact CAB by phone ,or email or visit them with your query. However the services that each bureau operates will vary so you need to see what your local office offers.
    Official CAB Representative
    I am an official representative of CAB. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to questions on the CAB Board. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. If you believe I’ve broken any rules please report my post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com as usual"
  • jonty1970
    Options
    thank you

it's a large water debt ( i have a water meter)
    i have already been a couple of months ago, about a council tax bill - sorted and that is clear

the advisor knows about this bill. it would be helpful if i could drop in the paperwork and my other debt and in and outgoings, then chat by email, if possible
  • dancingfairy
    Options
    Hi. If the CAB can't help you then why not pop over to the debt free wannabe forum on here? I'm sure people can help you with regards to sample letters, drawing up a budget to send to creditors etc etc or there are sample letters and lots of factsheets and information about things on the National Debtlines wesbite.
    Best of Luck
    df
    Making my money go further with MSE :j
    How much can I save in 2012 challenge
    75/1200 :eek:
  • dancingfairy
    Options
    Another thought - does you work offer flexitime at all? Could you build up some flexitime and then take an afternoon off? Or perhaps you could arrange an appointment in your lunch hour? I'm sure there are ways around things - hopefully your local bureau can accomodate something.
    df
    Making my money go further with MSE :j
    How much can I save in 2012 challenge
    75/1200 :eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business