Halifax Offer £135 to switch

Options
Not sure if this has been posted previously, but if so I will delete this:

GET £135 TO SWITCH
*Subject to application and approval

More people have switched to us than to any other bank.

£135 reward – for new and existing customers who switch to us. Get £50 within 7 working days and £85 after six months
Get a six month fee-free arranged overdraft - you'll then pay 1p per £7 borrowed. Overdrafts are subject to application and approval, and are repayable on demand.
It's easy - We'll move all your payments, including Direct Debits, standing orders and your remaining balance will be transferred into your new account.

The £135 reward
You’re eligible for the £50 offer if:
You use the Current Account Switch Service, close your old account held elsewhere and switch into one of the following accounts:

A Halifax Reward Current Account
A Halifax Ultimate Reward Current Account (£17 monthly maintaining the account fee applies with this account)
An existing Halifax Current Account

You’re eligible for the £85 if after six months you have:
Paid at least £1500 into your switched Halifax current account each month from your switch date.
Made a payment using your Halifax debit card.
Signed up for paper-free letters and statements

Comments

• badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,210 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Steve_xx wrote: »
    Not sure if this has been posted previously, but if so I will delete this:

GET £135 TO SWITCH
    *Subject to application and approval

More people have switched to us than to any other bank.

£135 reward – for new and existing customers who switch to us. Get £50 within 7 working days and £85 after six months
    Get a six month fee-free arranged overdraft - you'll then pay 1p per £7 borrowed. Overdrafts are subject to application and approval, and are repayable on demand.
    It's easy - We'll move all your payments, including Direct Debits, standing orders and your remaining balance will be transferred into your new account.

The £135 reward
    You’re eligible for the £50 offer if:
    You use the Current Account Switch Service, close your old account held elsewhere and switch into one of the following accounts:

A Halifax Reward Current Account
    A Halifax Ultimate Reward Current Account (£17 monthly maintaining the account fee applies with this account)
    An existing Halifax Current Account

You’re eligible for the £85 if after six months you have:
    Paid at least £1500 into your switched Halifax current account each month from your switch date.
    Made a payment using your Halifax debit card.
    Signed up for paper-free letters and statements

Thanks, but you missed out this:

'You are not eligible for the offer if you have previously received any other offer or benefits for switching to a Halifax bank account at any point since January 2012.'

Sadly, that rules many of us out, so quite important;)
  • 18cc
    18cc Posts: 2,120 Forumite
    Options
    Got my hopes up there ....!
  • swindiff
    swindiff Posts: 865 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Newshound!
    Options
    Excellent. Already a Halifax customer but never had a switch reward from them. Just opened a new Nationwide account so I can switch it to my existing Halifax account. Easy money :)
  • SlovakianGuy
    Options
    Finally! I'm tempted to switch now. But it is possible that they could increase the bonus even more? There was a £200 bonus in 2015 from them. I wonder if there's any chance they will introduce it again.
  • SlovakianGuy
    Options
    swindiff wrote: »
    Excellent. Already a Halifax customer but never had a switch reward from them. Just opened a new Nationwide account so I can switch it to my existing Halifax account. Easy money :)

I would keep Nationwide. You can earn up to £500 each tax year by recommending your friends. :)

I just switched my Starling to NatWest for £125. Now I'm thinking about switching my Monzo to Halifax for £135. But I have 2 direct debits on Monzo, so it's better to switch it to HSBC for £200, since HSBC requires at least 2 DDs or st. orders.

I could still switch one of my two Metro accounts to Halifax, but I opened it this month. This wouldn't be very good for my credit score I guess.
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,275 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Finally! I'm tempted to switch now. But it is possible that they could increase the bonus even more? There was a £200 bonus in 2015 from them. I wonder if there's any chance they will introduce it again.
    Seems unlikely as the benefits offered have been gradually decreasing among several providers.
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,275 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I could still switch one of my two Metro accounts to Halifax, but I opened it this month. This wouldn't be very good for my credit score I guess.
    It seems to take quite a large volume of current account applications to have a material effect on ones credit scoring. I've applied for 4 in a day before and suffered no ill effects, others have done more.
  • swindiff
    swindiff Posts: 865 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Newshound!
    Options
    I would keep Nationwide. You can earn up to £500 each tax year by recommending your friends. :)
    I already have 2 Nationwide accounts, just opened this one specifically to switch ;)
  • SlovakianGuy
    Options
    masonic wrote: »
    Seems unlikely as the benefits offered have been gradually decreasing among several providers.

Not sure about this. My friend switched to NatWest for £100 this summer. I'm switching right now for £125. That's an increase.

Halifax just increased the bonus from £75 to £135. Yeah, £200 seems unlikely, but maybe £150 .. but it's not worth waiting so I'll switch now :)
  • SlovakianGuy
    Options
    swindiff wrote: »
    I already have 2 Nationwide accounts, just opened this one specifically to switch ;)

Ahhh OK :D How many Nationwide accounts can a single individual actually have? (sorry for offtopic)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure