Raisin.co.uk are a disgrace

Anyone else waiting for the so-called £50 bonus which was promised for the Raisin UK offering 2% AER on 12 month fixed

I've emailed them three times now and not a single reply. I've had that automated reply which says they will respond in 48 hours, but nothing.

Did moneysavingexpert vet them before recommending? Raisin customer support is non existent and the bonus feels like a scam.

Anyone else in the same boat? Raisin deserve to be named and shamed.

Comments

• Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,642
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    edited 5 July 2018 at 9:22PM
    You seem remarkably impatient!

Bonuses aren't necessarily due yet, they were promised within 60 days - which cannot be up yet as the offer only started last month. So they've done nothing wrong at all. And they are not 'a disgrace'.

Their bonus page (https://www.raisin.co.uk/bonus) announced, just this week, that bonus payments are beginning to be paid.

The wording says
    Launch bonus payment update
    We're pleased to announce that we are in the process of sending out May and June's launch bonus payments. If you funded a savings product with us for the first time and requested your bonus before the end of June, provided that you met our eligibility requirements, you should receive your £50 cash launch bonus soon.

If you sent an email requesting your bonus in July, your bonus request is unlikely to be processed until August.

I assume you've actually sent them the right email in the format they suggest? Which was:
    To receive your bonus, you just need to send an email from the email address you registered with, containing the account holder's name(s) with "Launch bonus" as the subject to bonus@raisin.co.uk, within 30 days of you funding your first fixed term deposit Once we receive your email, the £50 cash launch bonus will be credited to your nominated UK account within 60 days of you successfully funding your savings product.

(if you haven't done this, in that format, do so soon!!)
  • rkelly
    rkelly Posts: 19
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Yes, i sent the email (3 times in fact) in the correct format and got the automated response

The point is, if you bothered to read my post, is that they say that they will respond within 48 hours to emails.... and they don't. In fact they don't respond in any timeframe.

So i stand by my post, Raisin are a disgrace.
    Putting up an amateur hour update on their website is hardly an endorsement for this mickey mouse outfit...

Zanderman wrote: »
    You seem remarkably impatient!

Bonuses aren't necessarily due yet, they were promised within 60 days - which cannot be up yet as the offer only started last month. So they've done nothing wrong at all. And they are not 'a disgrace'.

Their bonus page announced, just this week, that bonus payments are beginning to be paid.

The wording says

I assume you've actually sent them the right email in the format they suggest? Which was:
  • Or you could just wait?
  • Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,642
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    rkelly wrote: »
    Yes, i sent the email (3 times in fact) in the correct format and got the automated response

The point is, if you bothered to read my post, is that they say that they will respond within 48 hours to emails.... and they don't. In fact they don't respond in any timeframe.

Putting up an amateur hour update on their website is hardly an endorsement for this mickey mouse outfit...

You are right, their automated email does say they will respond in 48 hours. And no they haven't to me either. But I didn't mind that - I know they got the email (as they acknowledged it) and I know it was within the timescale. So I expect it to come good.

Indeed they also say, in that response, that the email has been passed on to customer services and as their own website says quite clearly all you need to do is send the email and within 60 days you'll get the bonus, I see nothing to worry about.

Their only error (that I can see) is them automatically including the stock phrase suggesting they'll respond in 48 hours - which is clumsy of them but hardly makes them a disgrace or a Mickey Mouse outfit. Certainly not in this context where the deadline is 60 days.

If after 60 days, I don't get my bonus, I'd grumble.

But now, after doing what they asked me to do and with more than half those 60 days yet to come I, and I suspect most other people, am happy to wait.
  • Rich2808
    Rich2808 Posts: 1,312
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I would wait the stated 60 days.

If they don't pay up by then feel free to call them a disgrace as they haven't complied with their own terms and conditions. Until then it a bit unfair to criticise them.
  • veryintrigued
    veryintrigued Posts: 3,843
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Low level 'digrace tolerance'.
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,809
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Anyone else waiting for the so-called £50 bonus which was promised for the Raisin UK offering 2% AER on 12 month fixed

I've emailed them three times now and not a single reply. I've had that automated reply which says they will respond in 48 hours, but nothing.

Did moneysavingexpert vet them before recommending? Raisin customer support is non existent and the bonus feels like a scam.

Anyone else in the same boat? Raisin deserve to be named and shamed.

MSE site, makes recommendations, they have no responsibility as to a company does or does not pay out on time for bonuses etc, you made a free chocie to go with this company, so wait the 60 days before kicking off.
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    the bonus feels like a scam.
    Yes. That will be the explanation.

It's a scam.

For heaven's sake...
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite

Did moneysavingexpert vet them before recommending?
    out of interest, where did "moneysavingexpert" recommend them?
    Raisin deserve to be named and shamed.
    The T&Cs are unambiguous regarding the bonus payment
    Once we receive your email, the £50 cash launch bonus will be credited to your nominated UK account within 60 days of you successfully funding your savings product

Are you vying for 1st prize for ignoring the offer T&Cs?
  • OceanSound
    OceanSound Posts: 1,482
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    ....I've emailed them three times now and not a single reply. I've had that automated reply which says they will respond in 48 hours, but nothing.
    If they say they will reply within 48 hours and they don't, we do have some credibitity issues. What else will they say, and not DO.
    No!, you should't have to wait like some posters are saying.
    By the way, you can say a lot from the efficiency of customer services. That goes for pretty much any outfit, including this one.
    About MSE vetting. Forget it!. You will see many posts where MSE promoting certain products/services have been heavily criticized by people on here. I've personally found out the hard way, same as you have. Now, I research the product/service thoroughly elsewhere.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure