Qmee - making money searching the web

savvystudent
savvystudent Posts: 37
First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Forumite
edited 25 February 2018 at 10:18PM in Boost your income
MoneySavingExpert insert:

You might also like to read our fully researched Top Cashback Sites guide.

Back to savvystudent's original post...

Has anyone used Qmee.com? I signed up last week via an invite and so far have cashed out £4.30 to my Paypal, and everything looks legit.

The idea is that you install an app in your browser which when you search using Google, Bing, Amazon or eBay sometimes text ads will appear next to the results along with an amount you get for clicking on them. Tends to be around 7-15p depending on the search.

It's still in beta and invite-only but I know there's a few codes around. This is the one I used and still seems to be working [Removed]

Comments

• mkooo
    mkooo Posts: 329 Forumite
    Has anyone used Qmee.com? I signed up last week via an invite and so far have cashed out £4.30 to my Paypal, and everything looks legit.

The idea is that you install an app in your browser which when you search using Google, Bing, Amazon or eBay sometimes text ads will appear next to the results along with an amount you get for clicking on them. Tends to be around 7-15p depending on the search.

It's still in beta and invite-only but I know there's a few codes around. This is the one I used and still seems to be working https://www.qmee.com/?invite=C9D41FA5

Please do not post referrals here. I have a thread set up in the referrals section, if anyone wants an invite. Although at the moment no one gets anything from referrals.
  • mkooo wrote: »
    Please do not post referrals here. I have a thread set up in the referrals section, if anyone wants an invite. Although at the moment no one gets anything from referrals.

It's not a referral, it's an invite code. And I don't get anything from it.
  • how much you are earning with it
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • The_Jakal
    The_Jakal Posts: 134
    Forumite
    I have had it for 2 weeks now and have earned £7 (so about 50p a day).
  • how much you are earning with it

As I say, about £5 a week but that's mostly passive (ie. not trying to get high paying clicks). I suppose you could do quite well for yourself if you do lots of searching ;)
  • Just done this and earned 16p from two searches.

Most seem to be 8p.

Anybody found any better ones?

Interestingly you earn 8p by clicking through to MSE.

In that case I wonder who's paying for the clicks?
  • Wow just signed up and cashed out £0.46...it was in my paypal account in seconds.
    Dont think I would use this on my main browser though - Message from Chrome:
    This extension can access:
    • Your data on all websites
    • Your tabs and browsing activity
    • Your bookmarks
    • Your browsing history
    You might wanna be careful how you use this.....
  • This item can read every page that you visit - your bank, your web email, your Facebook page and so on. Often, this kind of item needs to see all pages, so that it can perform a limited task such as looking for RSS feeds to which you might want to subscribe.
    Caution: Besides seeing all your pages, this item could use your credential (cookies) to request or modify your data from websites.
  • djdandew
    djdandew Posts: 129
    Forumite
    Thanks going to test this out now, i am downloading a portable version of Google chrome and will use that purely for this.
    2013 Wins Kaspersky Internet security 2013, Acer iconia Tablet, Kindle fire HD
  • surfboard2
    surfboard2 Posts: 2,005
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Their policy regarding privacy: http://blog.qmee.com/the-qmee-promise-privacy

I have to say, i was a bit skeptical, but after doing some research, i think i'll give this a go.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback