What am i supposed to do?

Comments

• jonnygee2
    jonnygee2 Posts: 2,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    My TL exact words you need to see HR

This might be helpful, at least in getting the manager to stop shouting at you in front of others which is embarrassing for you.

Still, in the mean time you should be looking for another job, either inside your company or outside. When a manager doesn't like you, they can make your life difficult in so many different ways, and HR cannot stop all of them.
  • I have started applying for other jobs i would even start from the begining and work my way up.
  • jonnygee2
    jonnygee2 Posts: 2,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I have started applying for other jobs i would even start from the begining and work my way up.

You should look for a similar or better job.

Don't be scared into taking lesser positions, you will regret it down the line. You have time to wait for the right opportunity, don't let yourself be bullied into making a rash decision you will regret later
  • nicechap
    nicechap Posts: 2,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    ALLEN1307 wrote: »
    Ok my error i should have made it more clearer.
    I was sweeping by my desk with a broom when the manager came upto me and shouted get out of the KPIs.
    But i was not in the KPIs my computer was switched off as i was getting ready to go home.
    He was shouting at me to log out of the KPIs i have already told you.
    I was not in them.
    I told him i am not logged into the KPIs my computer is switched off i pointed to the monitor so he could see that.
    I have spoken to my TL she says to me to tell HR.

Your version of events is not consistent. You did not say your manager shouted until the second time of asking in previous post, now you are saying they shouted at you straight away. Pointing at a turned off monitor does not mean the processor is switched off and you are not logged in.

There’s a clear breakdown in communication between you. Have you tried looking at things from their perspective?

Before you go to HR, you might want to consider whether your manager has any protected characteristics, eg are they hearing impaired? Equally, if you have any which you might impede your ability to understand your managers needs, you might want to let HR know - we don’t need to know if you have.
    Originally Posted by shortcrust
    "Contact the Ministry of Fairness....If sufficient evidence of unfairness is discovered you’ll get an apology, a permanent contract with backdated benefits, a ‘Let’s Make it Fair!’ tshirt and mug, and those guilty of unfairness will be sent on a Fairness Awareness course."
  • I had a chat with HR today about the situation i told HR the way my manager is behaving.
    I also gave her copies of emails i have received from my manager and the time date and witnesses for when he shouted at me over logging into the KPIs on the system when i told him i was not logged into them and i even shown him my computer was off.
    I told HR that the situation causes me great stress.
  • ALLEN1307 wrote: »
    I had a chat with HR today about the situation i told HR the way my manager is behaving.
    I also gave her copies of emails i have received from my manager and the time date and witnesses for when he shouted at me over logging into the KPIs on the system when i told him i was not logged into them and i even shown him my computer was off.
    I told HR that the situation causes me great stress.

....and? What next?
    2021 GC £1365.71/ £2400
  • Or more to the point what did HR say, are they taking it seriously and going to look into it? Or have they not got back to as yet?
  • ohreally
    ohreally Posts: 7,525 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    HR aren't there to hand-hold you however your employer has a duty of care and as such will have an interest although their outcome may not align with your expectations.

Don't have high hopes of HR resolving to your satisfaction.
    Don’t be a can’t, be a can.
  • nicechap
    nicechap Posts: 2,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    HR are there to protect the company from spurious and real claims. They are not an independent arbiter between managers and staff. Some companies have grievance processes which are run independent of the line management involved and of HR, but they ultimately only interpret their local processes within their training of the law (so basically put right any mess ups to protect the company).

Did you ask HR what they are willing to do? And set out what you would like to happen? You do not appear to be any further forward in coming to terms with the problem of how you manage, or react to your manager.
    Originally Posted by shortcrust
    "Contact the Ministry of Fairness....If sufficient evidence of unfairness is discovered you’ll get an apology, a permanent contract with backdated benefits, a ‘Let’s Make it Fair!’ tshirt and mug, and those guilty of unfairness will be sent on a Fairness Awareness course."
  • This sounds awful, make a complaint to HR asap that you are being bullied / victimised / treated very unfairly and you need intervention from them ASAP to prevent constructive dismissal
    "It is not the critic who counts..." - Theodore Roosevelt
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport