the hedgehog's balloons.

Comments

• Uni fund set up ready for September 2020 and if DD1 decides not to go then its all mine moohahahaaa. So once I've checked that I've set the online banking part properly (always worried I'll send it to the wrong person) I'll set up at standing order of £42 a month and hopefully we'll have a considerable sum to offset setting up costs. TT of 24p.
    CRx
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    ... once I've checked that I've set the online banking part properly (always worried I'll send it to the wrong person) ...
    Me too, for sure. Whether I'm sending or receiving, I always ask for £1 to be sent first, then a telephone call to inform of success (and its always been success, no "fat finger" problems) and the rest of the dosh gets sent.

How annoying about the train ... if they cancel it beforehand, I guess they don't need to use a substitute method to get people where they want to go :(
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • :hello: Karmacat my fat fingers didn't mess up, so standing order is set up. TT of 99p.
    Been really busy today, concentrated on cleaning the house not sure how long it will last now the rest of them are home.It took me almost all day, very envious of foxholes who can speed clean. Always amazes me when you go to say my dad's house or my in laws and its like a show home, even if you call unexpected. Not a thing out of place, it would be so nice for the house to remain tidy for more than a day. Tell a lie it does stay tidy when we are away on holiday, I like to come home to a nice clean house and clean bedding....... bliss.
    Mr senior cross rabbit came to help me with some math problems connected with my OU course and bless him he had done it last night and gave it me today. Not quite how I wanted to do things, but lucky enough it was what I was going to do anyway and I'd guessed (solved:cool:) the right equations etc. I just need to be a bit more confident in my skills.
    Had a really enjoyable walk and litter pick with the dog, fantastic sunset.
    Hope you all had chance to view the beautiful sunset in your neck of the woods
    CRx
  • the_cross_rabbit
    the_cross_rabbit Posts: 901 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 15 November 2018 at 9:33PM
    Really did not want to be awake at 630am, I hate these dark mornings. Would of been easy to just pull the covers over my head and deny that the alarm was going off. DD1 was up and out on her mate run at that time also (they are on week 1). Her and her dad ran last night and are on wk7 of the couch to 5k nhs podcast. They both seem to be really enjoying it and are considering doing a park run in the next couple of weeks. I feel very smug that we managed to con her into doing some form of exercise and stop being such a sloth. :shhh::naughty: we told her it was because I wanted to get fitter when in actually fact it was for her benefit:rotfl:. We'd tried lots of ways to try and get her interested in exercising more but it just wasn't happening. However we knew if she thought it was to help me she'd do it. I did enjoy it but countless shin splints and now a dodgy hip has put paid to that, perhaps thats my comeuppance for been manipulative. Dh has said that his asthma and lung capacity has really improved.
    Walked and litter picked with the dog for an hour on the plus side from all the bending down I do i can now touch my toes:j. Really mild day here so washing has been out on the line. Still working away at OU work and making steady progress. TT 30p.
    Managed to avoid the siren call of the c/s today. They have a really nice nativity set, our old one was plastic and was for children and we gave to another little person who will enjoy playing with it this year. This leaves me without one and I really, really want one but the question is do I need it?
    Well DD2 has just rang and we are off with my mum to get christmas jumpers as she wants us all to have one for christmas day:D.
    CRx
  • the_cross_rabbit
    edited 16 November 2018 at 12:54PM
    Not a happy bunny right now. Looking to move our mortgage after our current deal ends and so far 3 banks have indicated DH doesn't earn enough for the amount we need to borrow even though the actual monthly mortgage would be over £80 less than we've ever paid:eek:. Our current provider will give us a mortgage but its nearly £50 more than any of the other lenders but £20 less than we pay now:mad:, so frustrated right now, feel trapped:mad:. In some if I wasn't part of the equation he'd get more:rotfl:. Well I'll keep searching but the 3 I looked at are all well known banks/building societies, I'll probably have to suck it up and go with our current lender.
    CRx
    Just need to remember in the grand scheme of things this is a minor issue and there are people out there with worse problems than I have.
  • Karmacat
    Well, its a first world problem, yes, but we *live* in the first world. Hope you find a better offer, really soon.
  • the_cross_rabbit
    edited 18 November 2018 at 10:50AM
    :hello:Karmacat your right it is a first world problem, but at least I've got a expensive roof:rotfl: over my head, food in my belly (homemade squash and sage soup), my loved ones are all safe and well. Perhaps I need to give martin a poke and get him to hurry MP's along in sorting out issues around mortgage prisoners.
    CRx
  • Karmacat
    :hello::hello::hello:

:kisses3:
  • Cracked open a bottle to celebrate been a mortgage prisoner (7 banks all saying the same thing) or on a more positive note we have a free freezer draw at last:think:. The excitement is almost overwhelming...... off for another glass or 2.
    CRx
  • the_cross_rabbit
    edited 24 November 2018 at 10:21AM
    TT of 71p. Shopping £51.21. Petrol £23.84 (its gone down again). Lots of OU work (attempted), DH and kids went to see his grandma.
    That's all folks!
    CRx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport