Good and Bad Buys from Aldi & Lidl *Do NOT Expire Please*

Comments

• Cornucopia
    Cornucopia Posts: 16,154 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Will have to try another branch. How much were they ? The John west were 80g, £1.25 each or two for £2.

59p - no multibuy.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,580 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    redfox wrote: »
    while it’s easy to wander off-topic, that could stop newbies finding the information they want quickly and easily (please see the forum rule) so please keep this thread on topic. If you’d like to discuss non-MoneySaving related topics please continue your discussion in The MoneySavers Arms or Discussion Time. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com"]forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL].

This thread is for posting about the good or bad buys from Aldi & Lidl. Please just keep it for that and not general chat about the stores. Thank you.

I can't see anything on this page that isn't about good products from Aldi or Lidl and whether or not they've been discontinued. What's the problem?
  • Cornucopia
    Cornucopia Posts: 16,154 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    maman wrote: »
    I can't see anything on this page that isn't about good products from Aldi or Lidl and whether or not they've been discontinued. What's the problem?

Some posts have been deleted. Perhaps the Thread title needs changing to "Good and Bad Buying at Aldi & Lidl" to give a little more scope for tangents?

Meanwhile, back on the shop floor, I see that the Christmas ranges are out in force at both L&A. Not dived in yet, myself, but are there any products MSEers would recommend?

The Lidl "Appleby's" Ham (13 Slice pack) has been reformulated and is now more Hammy and less Spammy. Still at the good price of £1.39.
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Cornucopia wrote: »
    Meanwhile, back on the shop floor, I see that the Christmas ranges are out in force at both L&A. Not dived in yet, myself, but are there any products MSEers would recommend?
    Apart from a box of mince pies a couple of weeks ago (which weren't brilliant) I'm holding off until December. I can wait a couple of weeks: until then, the most festive thing on my plate is going to be a satsuma!
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Cornucopia wrote: »
    Yes.
    Lebkuchen at Aldi, or to be more precise "Holly Lane Authentic German chocolate Lebkuchen hearts" in either milk or plain chocolate, 300g bags.
    At only 99p/bag they are almost criminally cheap and I defy anybody to open a bag of these and not finish the lot!
    My personal favourites are the plain chocolate version.

For those who might never have tried them, why not?
    You really don't know what you've been missing.
    :D
    These Lebkuchen are similar to gingerbread but not really gingery (not helpful, sorry), a light spongy biscuit with a little apricot jam in the centre and then the whole thing is covered in chocolate.
    Delicious.
    Anybody trying these and not liking them please feel free to send them on to me.
  • Lebkuchen

I'm trying to resist until closer to Christmas, as definatlely can't resist eating them all.
    I like the iced ones.
  • I'm trying to resist until closer to Christmas, as definatlely can't resist eating them all.
    I like the iced ones.
    Lidl have bags of the smaller iced ones I saw today.
    I have put a few bags of the Aldi ones away.
    Hidden.
    Though they might not stay hidden for long.
  • Stompa
    Stompa Posts: 8,348 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    These Lebkuchen are similar to gingerbread but not really gingery (not helpful, sorry), a light spongy biscuit with a little apricot jam in the centre and then the whole thing is covered in chocolate.
    Delicious.
    Anybody trying these and not liking them please feel free to send them on to me.
    Too late, the one's I bought last year were disgusting, and ended up in the bin.
    Stompa
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Stompa wrote: »
    Too late, the one's I bought last year were disgusting, and ended up in the bin.
    I think they are divisive in the same way as Marmite: love or hate them!

Luckily there are plenty of other Christmas indulgences to be had, eg stollen, panetonne, Christmas cake, Christmas pudding, the list goes on...
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • VfM4meplse wrote: »
    I think they are divisive in the same way as Marmite: love or hate them!

Luckily there are plenty of other Christmas indulgences to be had, eg stollen, panetonne, Christmas cake, Christmas pudding, the list goes on...
    ...... and oh dear, I love them all!
    :o

Lidl also have the chocolate-covered marzipan bars in various flavours back in stock for Christmas.
    So far I have resisted.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport