Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• Enterprise_1701C
    Options
    Good morning all, blue sky and sunshine here, although we had a lot of rain overnight.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • izzeyb
    izzeyb Posts: 5,265 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 10 November 2018 at 2:17PM
    Options
    New Lidl moments mag out with a £5 coupon from 15th.

Don't know what spend is as no mags left in stand, they will be getting more tomorrow.

May hopefully have couple of other coupons like last year off mince pies, etc.
  • Arthien
    Arthien Posts: 1,513 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all!

Another busy week in the Arthien household so I'm once again paying catch-up.

Thanks for the loo roll info, I got 10 packs of robins a couple of days ago while on my travels - apologies to any Elite in the Aylesbury area!

I also got a couple of advent calendars for £1 each so at least that is sorted. I did wonder whether to wait for COS/CS to do an offer like last year but I thought I could just get extra for the food bank if that happens.

Snap, I'm so sorry to hear about your sister, my FIL had a similar diagnosis around the same time so I understand what you're going through. FIL had his voicebox removed fairly early on, in the hope that would stop it in its tracks, but it wasn't to be. In the end, he spent his last few months breathing wheezily through a hole in his neck, feeding only through a peg tube, communicating by mouthing and too weak to do much other than sleep. He told us if he had known what his life would be like after the operation, he would have rather have not had it done and had a few months of enjoying his remaining time with his family instead.

Wishing you strength for what lies ahead, you and your family are in my thoughts.
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    izzeyb wrote: »
    Xmas loo rolls still scanning at 36pin a superstore :j

That's my next door neighbours sorted.

They never restocked at my T. I've been calling most days before work.
    They are really good value. We still have the same toilet roll I took a pic of earlier in the week. It would usually be changed by now:)
    izzeyb wrote: »
    New Lidl moments mag out with a £5 coupon from 15th.

Don't know what spend is as no mags left in stand, they will be getting more tomorrow.

May hopefully have couple of other coupons like last year off mince pies etc.

Oooh....I will have a look this morning and report back if I can find them:)
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • Arthien
    Arthien Posts: 1,513 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Does anyone know when the sweet Sunday tickets have to be used by? I claimed all my codes but need to know when to spend them by.

Also, if anyone has nowtv, could you please tell me if Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them is on it? Was thinking of going to see the second one but haven't got round to watching the first one yet. I may need to start a(nother) free trial :D
  • Jeremiah_T_Stone
    Options
    Good morning shopmates :wave:

So pleased to read your news HG :A :j

Unfortunately I fell out of bed during the night, hitting the right side of my face and head on the bedside table. Despite using a bag of frozen peas (well they were petit pois to be exact) - I have heavy swelling and bruising. Can’t see at all out of my right ear :(

Hope everyone else has a better start to the day than me :o
    Fighting Recurring Cancer
  • mattswife
    Options
    Omg JTS!!! Hope you recover fast! Did smile and not being able to see out your ear. Hope your sight and or hearing returns fast. Xxx
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Options
    Oh dear JTS, not good. Have you got some arnica to bring out the bruising? I believe it makes it heal faster, but might end up being corrected.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • izzy65
    izzy65 Posts: 2,862 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    Hugs to tweets:A

It is gorgeous. I've been out tidying up my pots. They are at that stage where things are still in flower:eek: believe it or not but they are looking very tired and messy:o

I have a load of geraniums this year. Do folk over winter them on here?:)

Morning TM, we tried to over winter geraniums one year and all we got the next was lush greenery no flowers, having said that we are no gardeners so maybe did it wrong 😂
    The person who never makes a mistake never learns anything.
  • sirbaksiu
    Options
    Arthien wrote: »
    Does anyone know when the sweet Sunday tickets have to be used by? I claimed all my codes but need to know when to spend them by.

Also, if anyone has nowtv, could you please tell me if Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them is on it? Was thinking of going to see the second one but haven't got round to watching the first one yet. I may need to start a(nother) free trial :D

18th November is the last day to use them I think
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport