Timescales

Options
Hi everyone,

My partner and I submitted our Help to Buy application yesterday, and are awaiting authority to proceed so we can start our mortgage application (which will be with Nationwide).

My question is just how long each part takes to be approved (or rejected!) — the help to buy and the mortgage offer.

Thanks in advance for an impatient first time buyer!
First-time buyer, muddling through

Comments

• Noobie2011
    Noobie2011 Posts: 289 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    EMCS wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

My partner and I submitted our Help to Buy application yesterday, and are awaiting authority to proceed so we can start our mortgage application (which will be with Nationwide).

My question is just how long each part takes to be approved (or rejected!) — the help to buy and the mortgage offer.

Thanks in advance for an impatient first time buyer!

You HTP decision will take around 4 working days as long as there are no issues as in missing information etc and was pretty easy for us.

In terms of your Mortgage Offer that will vary quite a bit depending on several things like who the Lender is, Type of house being purchased, your circumstances etc
  • lena_halo
    lena_halo Posts: 164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Not sure about the help to buy part but our mortgage offer is with Nationwide and it took about five weeks for a verbal confirmation of acceptance and another week or so for the letter to arrive, although our solicitor received the offer a couple of days before we did.
  • kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,764 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    As has been mentioned the HTB Agents aim for ATP in four working days but they seem to be missing the target here and there at the moment.

Application to offer often depends on when a surveyor can get out to do the valuation. We usually aim to have an offer out in a week to ten days, but if the valuation inspection ends up two weeks from the application date the offer probably isn't going to be issued inside three weeks.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure