When you owe more than your annual net salary

Comments

• Sunnysam72
    Sunnysam72 Posts: 22 Forumite
    LexieLou wrote: »
    Thanks SunnySam72....can i join you on the journey?
    Lets go for it Lexie! X
  • pidge04
    pidge04 Posts: 792 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I am excited for you! You are doing brilliantly!
    Store card £140 £117 - Store card £150 - Overdraft £200 - PayPal £364 - Loan 1 £5052 - Loan 2 £1733 - Credit card £2890 - Car hire purchase £3200 - Savings £0.
  • monz
    monz Posts: 4,129 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud! Stoptober Survivor
    Welcome to the group!

Your post is so raw and heartfelt could feel every word. Everyone here is so kind and lovely you will make good friends from it <3

If you need tips we can all chip in with what we found useful etc. Best wishes xxx
    Debt (1/9/14) £6,702.11 Debt free (30/11/2016) mortgage port- £70,077.82 and mortgage £126,517.39 o/s currently
    Debt - £17,190.83 (29/7/22) now (19/8/22) £16,688.80
  • LexieLou
    LexieLou Posts: 714 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    lindez wrote: »
    Hi LexiLou,
    Just subscribed to your diary good luck on your journey. I am a recent newbie to the MSE forum, I hope you don't mind me following you. I have been looking through diaries I have quite a bit of debt myself and I am looking for ways to tackle it. I have joined a few challenges and they will be challenges that hopefully I can achieve. Hope you have had a good day. x

Hi,

Would love you to join me on my journey....

Do you have a diary I can follow too?

Lots of Love

Llxx
    £38,000 and change to £0
  • LexieLou
    monz wrote: »
    Welcome to the group!

Your post is so raw and heartfelt could feel every word. Everyone here is so kind and lovely you will make good friends from it <3

If you need tips we can all chip in with what we found useful etc. Best wishes xxx

Thank you Monz for your kind words, I was feeling pretty raw that day...

I'll update my diary later with my spends.

Off to do some work, thanks for popping by

Talk later

LL xx
    £38,000 and change to £0
  • LexieLou
    I had spends today as expected, no idea how much, but I will add it up and post tomorrow

Off to bed, but will stop by other diaries before I turn in

Night

LL xx
    £38,000 and change to £0
  • LexieLou
    Fell off the wagon today...actually thats a lie. I was doing a half attempted job all week, mental week at work and home, one of those crazy weeks that happens once every 3-4 months.

Anyway, got an old ISA back up and running, deposited the 2nd Emergency Fund into that (the £70 made last weekend)

I'll get back on track tomorrow, and write daily what I am spending. I need that discipline if I am ever to make this work...and it needs too

I've a load of stuff to ebay, so I will get onto that tomorrow and Monday

Thats it for now

Good night all

LL xx
    £38,000 and change to £0
  • pidge04
    pidge04 Posts: 792 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    £70 in an EF - that is brilliant!

(Don't beat yourself up about the temporary slip off the wagon).
    Store card £140 £117 - Store card £150 - Overdraft £200 - PayPal £364 - Loan 1 £5052 - Loan 2 £1733 - Credit card £2890 - Car hire purchase £3200 - Savings £0.
  • Hello! I've subscribed so I can cheer you on your way :)

Your title really resonated with me - I started at a very similar number, which was the same as my gross salary (DH has debt of his own which I haven't written about since my first post as we're each dealing with things our own way). Had my LBM in Jan '17, have had some ups and downs, but am now making real progress and am 24% paid off. The budget is frustratingly tight at times, but seeing it work is really motivating!

Best of luck :) xx
    Debt-free August 21, Mortgage-neutral April 24
  • LexieLou
    Spends today: £3.02
    Steps done: 11,000
    Snooker watched: all day
    Items on ebay: 0....but I have a box beside me waiting to be photographed and listed
    Housework done: Kitchen floor mopped (table moved, chairs moved, chairs hoovered, mopped under) basically an industrial clean
    Loads of washing done: 3

So no items ebay'd...but lots of other positives

I'm going away in a few weeks (booked and paid for LONG before I decided DMP route, when I was still being an ostrich) and made the mistake of trying some of last years clothes on.....Oh no...like, I can't even get them zipped up. I refuse to spend money on more clothes, I can't justify buying clothes I don't need and I also refuse to buy a size 14...so its time to diet.

I still have my slimming world books from a million years ago...weighing scales are sooooo expensive and I don't want to buy anything thats not an essential, so I'll just gauge my weight loss by the rolls of fat when I sit down...ha ha

But all joking aside, its ridiculous that I eat so much junk and also drink so much fizzy pop...I think if I cut those two crimes out of my diet and also do 10-15 mins exercise (the body bearing exercises) I think I can shift a good bit of weight

Found 4p in the kitchen when I was tidying up...so thats goes into the sealed pot.

Hope you're all well.

Good night

LL xx
    £38,000 and change to £0
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills