PPI Reclaiming successes and failures

Comments

• sunny8_2
    sunny8_2 Posts: 368 Forumite
    fifi123 wrote: »
    Hi - no post today but did my usual routine of logging onto online banking and I have 3 x PPI Refunds from Barclays totalling £2361 :j. I have no idea what they have paid out, will have to wait for the breakdown as I requested them to look into all (9) of my consolidated loans from 2000 - 2007. Will keep you posted. Fi. x

congratulations fi :j:j:j xx
  • Hope RBS and Halifax start getting their act together this week. Well done to all recent winners!!!!!!!!!
  • sunny8_2
    sunny8_2 Posts: 368 Forumite
    Hope RBS and Halifax start getting their act together this week. Well done to all recent winners!!!!!!!!!

Thank you :j Good luck with your too :money:xx
  • bhoqoN
    bhoqoN Posts: 77 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    4. June 2009 (running)
    Loan amount 17000
    PPI 3720.83
    Monthly repayment 454.98
    Term 60 months
    APR 11.43

3. Sept 2004 Loan amount 15000 PPI 3894
    Monthly payments 387.50 (paid 36 installments, cleared early with 7968.24 from loan 4)
    Term 60 months
    APR 10

2. January 2004 Loan amount 5000
    PPI 1764.6
    Monthly payments 152.88 (paid 7 installments and cleared early with 5724.86 from loan 3)
    APR 17

1. April 2002 Loan amount 5000
    Monthly repayments 229.63 (paid off with 2994.49 0n 11/8/2003)
    He have no paperwork for this one. Barclays have repeatedly refused to give them to him due to it being over 6 years. So
    cannot tell you the APR or term.

July 2002 Claimed for PPI on overdraft paid £2 since july 2002 to date
    Claim put in September 2010. Offer letter with no calculations in June 2011. Told will be resolved by the 31st. Online banking today - no money. Post man has been - no mail. 7 days to go!!!! Wondering how much my other half will get? Hopefully someone will help!:j
  • weewen
    weewen Posts: 27 Forumite
    hello everyone, glad to see some positive results well done!:D
    I recieved a reply from Santander regarding my Evand account.They are not upholding. They have looked at account and confirm ppi was added to account in1996!!! but say i signed agreement and although i said it wasn't explained as optional etc etc they say it was stated that not compulsory. Is this worth taking further? thank you.
  • kaladin
    kaladin Posts: 29 Forumite
    sunny8 wrote: »
    Thank you :j Good luck with your too :money:xx

I had my RBS loan upheld last week, Just waiting on figures. Good Luck!!
  • Hi

I received a letter from Barclaycard saying they would be in touch before 31st August with a offer. Just got a reply to say they won't be offering me anything as they can't find a record of the policy. Barclaycard was the first card I took out manyt moons ago (17 years ago - gulp!) and I know I has PPI as I was told I had to take it because I was a student. Can I assume from the letter I have received that they mist have cancelled this on my account over 6 years ago. I wanted to run this past the forum before I accept defeat as I have had such a great deal of help from people in the past and won't rest until I know there is no possible way forward. There isn't anything on my statements saying I was paying PPI but EGG was the same and it turns out I was actually paying PPI on that card you just had to go through a few screens onlinethe statement to find it.

Would welcome any help at all, or just some re-assurance that I'm not being 'brushed under the carpet' - Thanx in advance and well done to everyone who has been successful.

Hi
    I too have just received a letter from Barclaycard saying that they can't find any policy in my name, and unless I can provide them with a policy number or a copy of the policy document they cannot (will not!) uphold my compaint.:mad: I have just written back to them enclosing copies of my card statements which clearly show PPI being paid. They have also never sent me copies of the original agreement, which I have asked for - Twice!. I have told them that if they don't forward the information to me within 14 days I shall be contacting the FOS for help.:p I have had B/Card Visa & Mastercard since the early 90's and am (and always have been self-employed, so have a mis-selling case.
    It was much easier with Egg! Just 7 weeks with only one letter to voice my concerns about PPI and I got a cheque for £877!:T
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    sunny8 wrote: »
    OMG!!!!!!! YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:beer:
    Cant believe it..after nearly an hour on the phone to MBNA, rang the loans line & asked a lovely girl called 'lisa' if she could look in to my file...and....YES...YES....YES.........paid out on both loans:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    I had 1 loan, then consolidated it after 18 months for a further 18 months....Lisa said my cheques have been raised and have went to be signed off so i should receive them within the next week or so....fingers crossed...:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    I should be paid £2158.97 & £1320.66 wow, wow, wow!!
    She said the calculations should be with the letter!!!!:rotfl::rotfl:
    I will have never had so much money in my hand that is mine!!!:j:j
    As soon as the cheques are cleared they are going towards outstanding debts.. and then when my oh gets paid out on Natwest , we will hopefully be nearly debt free:j:j:j:j What a feeling that will be:A:A:A

Thank you to all you superstars on here, di, amersall, derwent, niggly, tifosi and ALL you out there ..as without your ongoing stories & support i wouldnt of done it!!!:j:j:j MWAH :p xx

Absolutely well done!:T:j:T & Congratulations!:beer:
    Great news and your very welcome!:A;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • di3004
    fifi123 wrote: »
    Hi - no post today but did my usual routine of logging onto online banking and I have 3 x PPI Refunds from Barclays totalling £2361 :j. I have no idea what they have paid out, will have to wait for the breakdown as I requested them to look into all (9) of my consolidated loans from 2000 - 2007. Will keep you posted. Fi. x

Brilliant!:T:j Well done and Congratulations!:beer:
  • di3004
    bhoqoN wrote: »
    4. June 2009 (running)
    Loan amount 17000
    PPI 3720.83
    Monthly repayment 454.98
    Term 60 months
    APR 11.43

3. Sept 2004 Loan amount 15000 PPI 3894
    Monthly payments 387.50 (paid 36 installments, cleared early with 7968.24 from loan 4)
    Term 60 months
    APR 10

2. January 2004 Loan amount 5000
    PPI 1764.6
    Monthly payments 152.88 (paid 7 installments and cleared early with 5724.86 from loan 3)
    APR 17

1. April 2002 Loan amount 5000
    Monthly repayments 229.63 (paid off with 2994.49 0n 11/8/2003)
    He have no paperwork for this one. Barclays have repeatedly refused to give them to him due to it being over 6 years. So
    cannot tell you the APR or term.

July 2002 Claimed for PPI on overdraft paid £2 since july 2002 to date
    Claim put in September 2010. Offer letter with no calculations in June 2011. Told will be resolved by the 31st. Online banking today - no money. Post man has been - no mail. 7 days to go!!!! Wondering how much my other half will get? Hopefully someone will help!:j

Hiya

I'm sure someone will check these for you sometime today, good luck.:j;)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure