Women and cats will do as they please! :)

Comments

• Hi judi24 thank you for asking! I know you've been incredibly busy.
    Yes, I spoke to him today, I voiced my concerns. We managed to discuss fairly clearly what's going to be expected of me and now I've come away having to put the price on it, this will be discussed at a later date. They're getting someone else in to help out in the department, he'll shadow both, me and FD, and we'll appoint tasks for him. I am still concerned at this point however that I will end up with an increased workload. Time will tell and I will deal with situations as they arise. It's hard to tell whether the new person will be any good, my first impression was a no-go but ultimately it was CEO's decision and fair enough, let them see their own mistakes I say. So things are still unsettled and I am in discussions and the money talk still has to be done but I will name my price and say take it or leave it, this is what I expect for the amount of extra/high calibre work I'm expected to do. The ball's in their court then and bearing in mind I am all they have right now, I expect fairness.

There's a few power struggles going on as expected. Staying out of it knowing how I want to come away from this situation. I need to look after myself so I can look after them.

These last few weeks have been pretty difficult to say the least but by the end of March a lot will be resolved. Then come April we just have to implement it.

Again, thanks for asking :grinheart
  • Invictus

Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
    Looms but the Horror of the shade,
    And yet the menace of the years
    Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.
  • judi24
    judi24 Posts: 2,272 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Amazing words - and so very true for you! You are clearly a strong and determined woman and you will get what you deserve I am sure! Your little one is so very lucky to have a mum like you who is willing to work hardtop get what you want.

April will soon be here, your exam will be done and you will have a better idea about the job and the pay. Well done!
  • TheMagician
    TheMagician Posts: 288 Forumite
    edited 23 March 2015 at 10:04PM
    Dear Diary,

I know I've been absent, purposely.
    I've been riding the waves of change for a little while now: at home, studies, work and family. I've been asked to stop and listen, make wishes and execute them. Deal with things as they come up daily and get prepared to step up. Things are about to change, a lot. And I'm ready, I'm getting ready. I've seen this coming a long time ago and it's now here, the start of something huge. Slowly, baby steps.

I can see there's a whole bigger picture here to things, the bigger future 2, maybe 3yrs away. And it starts with me and it starts now. Some important things are going to happen, inside and out. I'm needed and must act from the very depths of my soul.

And so I'm focused, listening, feeling. Money still on my mind, frugal as possible but not fixated.

So I'll be back, as soon as I feel the biggest wave has passed. I have to say goodbye to someone very important to me, someone fate has brought into my path for the bigger purpose.

The Magician
  • Thank you judi24 :heart2:
  • judi24
    I wish you well for what lies ahead - I will be here to cheer you on when you are ready to come back - you clearly know what you have to do and such a sense of purpose and determination in one so young is admirable - good luck
  • TheMagician
    Hello Diary,

I'm back after a bit of a break, well needed and taken just as life prescribed.

A lot has happened, as predicted.

Work is still a little unstable. I've had a pay rise and a reshuffle of responsibilities however there's still some way to go before that situation is resolved. It's all a bit of a mess really but will work itself out.

I've been going to college too, however I haven't done any exams yet. This is next on my list to tackle. I've sat through the material for 3 exams and now it's time to start revising and passing.

Most importantly of all, I have taken up a very clean way of eating. I have always eaten well but this really cuts all the crap out completely. Subsequently I have lost a stone and I'm the lowest weight I've been for at least 4yrs! :j There's probably still a little more to go but I'm not concentrating on weight anymore, just on how amazing I feel and healthy I look. People at work have been asking what my secret is and taking up my advice of this kind of eating, hoping I can spread the word and help people to get healthier and slimmer.

Funnily enough, the diet has given me the emotional strength to ride out the changes that have been happening and still are, I've really needed to pull on my inner reserves of patience and try to see the bigger picture. It's sure paid off and has been noticed by the CEO. So things are heading in the right direction, not without my hard work though which I need to keep up.

Money... ahem... saved some :) Let's put it that way. It does cost more to eat organic grass fed but it's not something I'm compromising on, not after the results I've had. So accommodating this my goal for June is £900 :beer: Let's get stuck in.

Good to be back and accountable x
  • TheMagician
    It finally happened!
    Tonight I was eventually given the promotion to become the new financial controller and a hefty pay rise.
    It was worth waiting for and riding the storm for the last 4 months.
    I'm absolutely elated and so so relieved. This is a wonderful fresh new start and our little house dream is now closer than ever.

TheMagician
  • judi24
    Hello - nice to see you! I must have missed your post on the 30th!!! Fantastic news today about the promotion congratulations!!! Much deserved I know but it must be a huge relief to have it finally sorted!

Sounds like your healthy eating is working wonders too - I admire you! This is an area that I really struggle with especially when I am stressed and under pressure! (probably when I should be eating well!)

Great to have you back!
  • TheMagician
    Thanks so much judi24. Yes, we all exhaled with relief. My first task will be to find myself an assistant and then bring the department back to the excellent form it used to be in just a few short months ago.
    I'll get to do exciting stuff like purchase a subsidiary and float the company.
    I really feel blessed today, ceo was so kind and supportive, he's put all his trust in me.

The diet is going great. I just call it a way of life. I feel amazing. It's the harcombe I've mentioned to you before, it works wonders.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure