Mooloo’s Managing it in 2018

Comments

• thorsoak
    thorsoak Posts: 7,166 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Thinking of all your family today Mooloo - it's not going to be a happy day for any of the adults, but hopefully it will lead to the start of a better life for these two little boys who do not deserve the parents that they have at the moment.

Sadly, love alone is not enough - tough love is needed too - and that's what you, Biggest and her OH are showing now xxxx
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Tough being the operative word!

I have been lying awake since just before 6am trying to think positive thoughts, focused on the simple tasks of my day ahead. Because of the time shift I am unable to help Biggest and I unfortunately can't offer DS help either. He probably needs someone with him (and her) to compute what is going on. But I am tied to the Shop with a morning full of fittings.
    I still have a very sad Dgd too. Her Mum sent pictures of the scan and the baby is due end of November. Then in the afternoon she had to take the little boy to the hospital, he has scarlet fever and is on antibiotics.
    Biggest said that one of her boys was projectile vomiting yesterday afternoon. I hope it settled and she got some rest.
    I brought some work home but really only sat for an hour and a half unpicking and preparation as I forgot to bring threads for the overlocker Home. But I did shorten two pairs of jeans.
    I have managed to pay myself £100 drawings and the Mobile phone payments for the Shop phone, which comes out of my personal account because it's tied in with my Sky package at home.
    I have even managed to get the business back in to the black. Not sure if I will have all I need for the rent by the end of the month, but at least I have half of it, and I know I have lots of jobs done and todo. So I am confident that this month we will turn it around.

Looking for the positive!
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Good news about the shop at any rate :)
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Sending positive vibes for today . Poor dgd , that's where you're energy is needed . Good news about the takings and hope the business continues on the upward path .
    Get well to the poorlies . Biggest has her hands full .
    polly x
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • Cairn
    Cairn Posts: 39 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I hope it all goes well for your family today. I cannot begin to imagine the emotional mental and physical effect that this is having on all of you.:(
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,249 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Cairn wrote: »
    I hope it all goes well for your family today. I cannot begin to imagine the emotional mental and physical effect that this is having on all of you.:(
    Seconded by me. :(
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • supermezzo
    supermezzo Posts: 1,055 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Is this of any interest/use, Mooloo? https://www.home-start.org.uk/
    It aint over til I've done singing....
  • thorsoak
    thorsoak Posts: 7,166 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I do hope that the meeting this morning was productive, Mooloo - and that progress can be made in deciding the future of the two little boys - and that Biggest and her family can go back to happily awaiting new baby without feeling guilty. They don't deserve to feel guilty, any more than you do.
  • *Robin*
    *Robin* Posts: 3,364 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Stoptober Survivor
    thorsoak wrote: »
    I do hope that the meeting this morning was productive, Mooloo - and that progress can be made in deciding the future of the two little boys - and that Biggest and her family can go back to happily awaiting new baby without feeling guilty. They don't deserve to feel guilty, any more than you do.

Seconded.

Thinking of you, Mooloo (((hugs)))
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Because DS and GF signed a safety agreement for Biggest to have the boys, they have to be approached and agree to them being placed in care (which I doubt they will do), and therefore there will need to be a court case to achieve this. So it looks like Biggest is still to have the boys for at least another few weeks. Which is not ideal.
    DS and GF wouldn't allow social to come today and have agreed tomorrow. So I wonder what miracles they do with the house if any. My son is not talking to me but his gf has responded to my messages. Eventually. Apparently DS has some work at the Circuit today.

I had yet another visit from the artist when I came back from lunch this afternoon. I told him I was very sorry but I am too busy, that I won't be able to do any of his stuff until the weekend and that he needs to call for an appointment if he wants to chat ( and I will add it to the bill!)
    I brought a few bits home to do, but I thought I better cut the lawn. Only to find the lawn mower really has died now. Wonder if I should borrow a few sheep? Or some goats!!
    Dgd is an emotional wreck and every day this week she has hurt herself either at school, after school club and or out playing.
    We have a friend around playing just now.
    I have been waking very early so I am considering getting up to Sew in the morning rather than doing it tonight.
    I will see in a bit if I get a second wind so to speak.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure