Slimming Towards Summer - Slimming World Support Thread 2018

Comments

• p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,803 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    curl_girl wrote: »
    Cantaloupe melons £1 in T.
    I did post on another thread but had a load of rude comments.
    I know you lot are classier and more appreciative.

Thanks for the tip - don't often go in Tesco but may make the journey for these.

Our local ALDI re-opened yesterday after nearly a year being re-built, so will be visiting there today to check it out and hopeful stock up on their lamb rogan josh - the last one we went into had sold out :mad:.

Plan for today:

B: Melon
    L: mushroom omelette, 2 small slices wholemeal bread (HEXB)
    D: LO campfire stew with potatoes

Snacks: red pepper, HEXA cheese, whatever fruit I can get today
    Syns: none planned
  • Stoke
    Stoke Posts: 3,182 Forumite
    p00hsticks wrote: »
    Thanks for the tip - don't often go in Tesco but may make the journey for these.

Our local ALDI re-opened yesterday after nearly a year being re-built, so will be visiting there today to check it out and hopeful stock up on their lamb rogan josh - the last one we went into had sold out :mad:.

Plan for today:

B: Melon
    L: mushroom omelette, 2 small slices wholemeal bread (HEXB)
    D: LO campfire stew with potatoes

Snacks: red pepper, HEXA cheese, whatever fruit I can get today
    Syns: none planned
    Mushroom omelette is my go-to when I'm in a rush and have no Ready meals. Absolute winner every time.
  • Morning All!

Well I did go to choir last night and ended up having the chilli pasta bake but also some wine so a mixed day all told.

Hubby is out again at meetings and having to go out tonight (but designated driver!) , I'm going swimming lunch time. I'm also debating whether to try and cycle to class tomorrow.....hubby doesn't think I can do it if only because it will mean getting up early!
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Stoke wrote: »
    I won't be putting a stone back. To be honest, if I put a stone back on after hitting target, I'd be where I am right now :cool: Not sure what that means when I eventually do hit target, probably just lots of skin.

I'm 27, so I hope that my skin has retained some of it's elasticity, but I'm also aware that I was very big at my biggest. There's always going to be some damage I suppose. I've read about doing like ab crunches and going for a run and stuff, but I just don't see that working.

Surgery doesn't sound great either. I think it might be one of those where I just have to grow to live with it :( I guess I should have known it might happen.

So your non intrusive options are:

1. Your body healing itself (being 27 this should be really good)
    2. Exercise (which will help 1)
    3. Collagen (which will help 1)
  • esmy
    esmy Posts: 1,341 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Morning all.

After a whole week on plan, weighed this am and my scales have packed up! They are very old and have been dropped numerous times so don't owe me anything. So, I need new ones. Any recommendations?? I don't want the analyser type just weight.

Stoke I think your skin will do better than you think. A tip I was given was to make sure your skin is well moisturised, inside and out, and the massage in putting on body lotion helps too. It's a faff and I don't always do it but I can see the benefits (and I'm 57). Otherwise it's just giving your skin time to catch up. Sometimes the people you see on those excess skin programmes have lost weight very fast through surgery, I've rarely seen anyone who has lost just through diet.

Todays menu:
    B SW pancakes with berries and yoghurt
    L ham and egg salad
    D DGD here for tea and has asked for HM pizza. I make mine with wholemeal bread mix and count it as HEB2.

Have a good day all.
  • Stoke
    edited 11 May 2018 at 10:25AM
    So your non intrusive options are:

1. Your body healing itself (being 27 this should be really good)
    2. Exercise (which will help 1)
    3. Collagen (which will help 1)

I hope my body can heal itself in time. I have lost a fair amount of weight pretty quickly (1st before Xmas, almost 4st since), so I think my skin is probably going through a weird kind of shock right now. Hopefully as I lose more and with time it'll begin to tighten up. It's one of those things though, and I'm still happy at the weight loss. That was the original aim after all.

I'm not against the idea of exercise, but I tend to do more cardio kinds of things and they're not likely tone it up as much.

Collagen, so I'll admit something now that I've kept quiet all this time..... I'm actually a male (the only one at my group, man of the year won by default every year) :P I have absolutely no idea what Collagen is. Better get Googling.
  • Stoke
    esmy wrote: »
    Stoke I think your skin will do better than you think. A tip I was given was to make sure your skin is well moisturised, inside and out, and the massage in putting on body lotion helps too. It's a faff and I don't always do it but I can see the benefits (and I'm 57). Otherwise it's just giving your skin time to catch up. Sometimes the people you see on those excess skin programmes have lost weight very fast through surgery, I've rarely seen anyone who has lost just through diet.
    Surgery is something I won't be doing to cure it. I will grow to live with it, if it doesn't get better. I've seen those shows and the people on them can't like do certain things for months after the op. I can't really be doing that. I'd rather just live my life really.

Interesting about the moisturiser. Would you use like cocoa butter or bio oil then? I'm genuinely not that clued up about it.
  • Stoke wrote: »
    ..... I'm actually a male (the only one at my group, man of the year won by default every year) :P I have absolutely no idea what Collagen is. Better get Googling.

Stoke - it's nice to have a man's perspective on SW.

In fact I've had a go at SW regarding their cover models...would love to see someone who wasn't white and femail on the cover - I think it would be particularly helpful if a man was on the cover.

Their response was typically corporate - oh we have a man's section in the magazine blah blah blah.

Totally missed the point that if a man was on the cover then a lot of men might realise that men as well went to classes.
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Stoke - we are very similar 4 stone loss (although I've put a little on when I was away) and I have about 1.5 stone to go... sadly I am significantly older and my skin will not shrink very well (also had 3 babies). I always think I am fortunate as I am in a long term relationship and he has seen me in right states, I would hate to be naked in front of anyone else!

A beautician friend recommended dermo rolling - she bought me the kit and showed me how to do it. I've done it twice myself but I am a whimp and do not go as deep as she did.

I get collagen from Holland and Barrett - take before food 3 x a day (I am not good at taking it regularly) but I think it cannot be hurting me!

I only have saggy skin on the tummy and under the top of my arms - so I cover them!

Not sure if men can get highwaisted trousers, but I have to say they are wonderful things. I suppose the fashion of top of your bum showing should be avoided!

What was your motivation to start dieting?
  • esmy
    esmy Posts: 1,341 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Stoke wrote: »
    Surgery is something I won't be doing to cure it. I will grow to live with it, if it doesn't get better. I've seen those shows and the people on them can't like do certain things for months after the op. I can't really be doing that. I'd rather just live my life really.

Interesting about the moisturiser. Would you use like cocoa butter or bio oil then? I'm genuinely not that clued up about it.

Anything will do that puts a bit of moisture back into your skin - it's the massage that really helps, I think. I've found my skin is drier since I've been doing SW which I think is down to low fats in the diet.
    I'm with you on the surgery for loose skin - not something I would contemplate.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure