Travelling On

Comments

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Oh you're right, they are, if the Competitions people let them... oh well, if I stock up before they start aligning their prices, I'll have time to find another supermarket that will home deliver.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Karmacat wrote: »
    Oh you're right, they are, if the Competitions people let them... oh well, if I stock up before they start aligning their prices, I'll have time to find another supermarket that will home deliver.

They are planning to keep both store brands and names. Unless there are both within too close proximity in any area and one of them has to close I suspect they'll keep Sainsburys for the more expensive goods and Asda as the cheaper version, pretty much as they are now. They seem to think they can co-exist happily together. Let's hope so.
  • shangaijimmy
    shangaijimmy Posts: 3,796 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    So long as the Asda pizza's don't change!!
    MFW: Was: £136,000.......Now: £61,892.24......
    Mortgage Neutral Deficit: £43,082.90... Mortgage Neutral Savings: £18,809.34

MFiT-T6 #13 - £3,517 of £15,500 (22.69%)
    1% Mortgage Challenge 2022 - £157.59 of £650
  • Karmacat
    Awww! Since I need to be gluten free, and have an intolerance of cow's dairy, that doesn't really affect me :D but I understand it being on your wish list, Jimmy :rotfl:

The delivery isn't until Wednesday, thank heavens, and I definitely have more energy today in any case :j:j:j

So, more "gardening", which is really navvying - massive great brambles with massive great roots discovered under the rhodedendron tree :o, I'll put a wash on, I'll definitely check what I've already assembled for holiday stuff, and I'll do some more scanning, I really want to get that sorted this week. SB is doing its thing, of course, and there's a YG in the intray to be done in the afternoon. Lots of texting too, my sister's off oop north to help with preparing the house for sale.
  • So long as the Asda pizza's don't change!!

Are Asda pizzas good, shangaijimmy?. I used to love pizza in the days when I could afford to 'eat in' at a pizza house. Have never bought any to cook at home:o. Might look into it now you've mentioned pizza;)
  • shangaijimmy
    shangaijimmy Posts: 3,796 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    The ones they make up for you are amazing! Thin and crispy, bbq sauce base, double spicy chicken, ham and peppers, with chilli oil...mmm... want one for my tea tonight now! (sorry for highjacking)
    MFW: Was: £136,000.......Now: £61,892.24......
    Mortgage Neutral Deficit: £43,082.90... Mortgage Neutral Savings: £18,809.34

MFiT-T6 #13 - £3,517 of £15,500 (22.69%)
    1% Mortgage Challenge 2022 - £157.59 of £650
  • Karmacat
    I love the hijacks, seriously :rotfl: they're just an area of natter I haven't got to myself, as yet :rotfl: When I shopped in person at an Asda, I used to get those pizzas too actually, Jimmy, but that was before my gluten intolerance developed :( and I just have deliveries these days anyway. Still slurping at the thought of them though :D

Sainsbo delivery has been and gone - lots of frozen veg, I'm using it instead of a helping of pasta, as I'm trying to get healthier. Didn't cough overnight, so thats a good thing :j Driver had to do an emergency stop for some oblivious driver in my road, and he cracked the eggs - refunded me, and left them with me, which is good.

I've been juggling cleaning the shopping, SB points and scanning. I'm having to weight down the current photo album with a huge glass Kilner jar full of dishwasher tablets :o as I seem to have ripped off the cover of the scanner in my eagerness :o:o:o

This afternoon, I'm hoping to be able to run a bonfire :j the gods of the weather, and of energy, will need to agree :D and I already know that the gods of weeding want me to do a bit more today.
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,530 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Karmacat wrote: »
    ...of course, and there's a YG in the intray to be done in the afternoon...

Ahhhh - the infamous YG - been on it since Oct 2014 and still not at payout! - the longest hardest slog ever for 50 pounds! - at 4950 - one more decent survey will do it & then i'll have to find something else to idle away at on the commute!!!;)
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • Karmacat
    oh my word, RT!!!! Right, next time I get a survey, I'm going to check when I joined, and how many payouts I've had - I think this will be my third :o:o:o good grief.

I don't feel quite ready to get out into the garden, so I've come back on here :D excuse my pootling :D
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,530 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Hooray for pootling! Some days are just like that...

Three payouts?!? WOW, just WOW - I'm pretty sure I joined cause you (?) mentioned it years ago, but might have been one of our other loverly ladies...
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure