Mooloo’s Managing it in 2018

Comments

• jackieblack
    jackieblack Posts: 10,314 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Good to hear you sounding much more positive in your last few posts Mooloo :)
    2.22kWp Solar PV system installed Oct 2010, Fronius IG20 Inverter, south facing (-5 deg), 30 degree pitch, no shading
    Everything will be alright in the end so, if it’s not yet alright, it means it’s not yet the end
    MFW #4 OPs (offset): 2018 £866.89, 2019 £1322.33, 2020 £1337.07,
    2021 £1250.00, 2022 £1500.00, 2023 £1500
    Target for 2024 (offset) = £1200, YTD £345
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,172 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Glad that the DGS's are settling down.
    One less thing to worry about.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • whiteguineapig
    whiteguineapig Posts: 1,365 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Instead of blocking him could you just sort of take longer and longer to reply, and be non committal , one word replies etc, so that in the end it just peters out anyway?
  • Chrystal
    Chrystal Posts: 1,848 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Mooloo can I ask why you are giving up the shop at the end of your lease. It sounds as though you have a real money maker there, so you must be fulfilling a need in your community, which to be honest is a massive plus for you to earn money.
    If you can commit to stay longer you should be able to make a good profit and save towards Portugal, as long as you keep your money locked away in the bank and don't give any away.
    Sending positive thoughts and (((hugs))) your way. X
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

happiness isn't achieved by getting extra things,
    but by getting rid of the things that make you unhappy
  • Brighton_belle
    Brighton_belle Posts: 5,223 Forumite
    Chrystal wrote: »
    Mooloo can I ask why you are giving up the shop at the end of your lease. It sounds as though you have a real money maker there, so you must be fulfilling a need in your community, which to be honest is a massive plus for you to earn money.
    If you can commit to stay longer you should be able to make a good profit and save towards Portugal, as long as you keep your money locked away in the bank and don't give any away.
    Sending positive thoughts and (((hugs))) your way. X

It hasn't been though for 2.5 years. Mooloo hasn't been able to pay herself a wage.
    I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    It's been a hard slog for little return. I did manage around £8,000 profit in the second year, but then escalating costs and wages increases the last financial year I only made £1,000 profit.
    I do expect to make a bit more this year now I don't have so many wages to pay, but the running costs have been so high and I know that the landlord wants more money.
    I think that the majority of my customers will happily come to my house and that will cut my expenses by £12,000 and even if I only have 50% of my work I would make a reasonable wage instead.
    £12,000 is a lot of £10 hems!
    I think that I would have more flexibility if I am at home, and won't have to work every Saturday.

I am trying to stay upbeat.
    I don't have to worry about the boys, and Biggest is adjusting so I don't need to stress about her.
    Yes I continue to worry about DS and I am calling him daily but I cannot fight his demons for him.
    The BF spent the week keeping his distance when perhaps the offer to come over even just for a shoulder to cry on at the time, didn't happen.
    With him asking to be told if I had another BF in the future seemed very strange and a little unnerving. Then he said he was interested in possibly investing in my business ideas in Portugal yet until now he wasn't listening.
    I realised that he left it all too late and actually what I had been waiting for for so long I actually no longer want or need. I am actually stronger than I expected.
    Yes I will get Sad moments no doubt as 14 years is a long time. But if I read back through all these threads I just keep repeating the same mistakes again and again.
    I realise that I actually want to break the cycle now and be free to do what I want when I want. ( within reasons obviously).
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Well Mooloo, we shall all be rooting for you :)
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    To night I have been at a Community Meeting at a local private school that is celebrating 100 years in the town.
    Obviously I wasn't sure I should go or if I would stand out like a sore thumb but actually I enjoy it. I saw a few faces I knew and was introduced to others.
    I actually was told by several other businesses that I was an asset to the town.
    After the week from hell. It was probably the best thing I did .

See I can face a garden full of strangers and stand tall!
    Who knew!!
    Do it Scared!!!
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,172 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Well done :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • thorsoak
    thorsoak Posts: 7,166 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Well done Mooloo - and remember what has been said to you "you are an asset to the town! You need to make a cushion for your chair with those words embroidered on them! Be proud!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure