Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Comments

• Jeden
    Jeden Posts: 69 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    @Chanlf

We have to exchange within the next 2 weeks as it's a new build and the builders terms require exchange within a very small time frame, So i doubt I will be on that thread for long :)

Hopefully you will have something by the end of next week.
  • Chanlf91
    Chanlf91 Posts: 38 Forumite
    @jeden

Wow so things will be moving pretty quick then! I wish all exchanges would be that quick.

Well we've had a call from our MA, they've passed the application and they're booking valuation in for next week! So hopefully in 2 weeks we'll have an offer :j

Time to instruct our solicitor to commence work!
  • gjheward91
    gjheward91 Posts: 118 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    We've finally got our mortgage offer!! :) We had the valuer round our house for our buyers mortgage... fingers crossed they don't undervalue!
  • Slick88
    Slick88 Posts: 31 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Slick88 wrote: »
    Timeline now stands at...

03/02 - AIP with Natwest
    12/2 - Appointment with independant MA to look at available options
    14/2 - First and Second viewing of a property new to the market that day!
    14/2 - First offer rejected (it was a very cheeky offer
    15/2 - Second offer rejected
    17/2 - Third and final offer accepted
    22/2 - Began to instruct Solicitors
    23/2 - AIP with MA for TSB accepted and full application submitted
    26/2 - Full application received by TSB - Credit check appears on file - Survey money taken
    26/2 - MA puts survey on hold until Application process has moved forward.
    5/3 - More documents requested and alteration to Gift declaration (make sure if your getting a gift and a joint applicant both your names are on the gift statement!)
    5/3 - Documents returned same day - MA passess info across and tells us survey should be instructed week of 12/3
    13/3 - emailed MA yesterday for an update yesterday and patiently waiting for a reply
    14/3 - MA informed us he had instructed the Survey.
    19/3 - Phoned MA for an update to be informed TSB have a back log due to new products making them a 'victim of their own success'.
    21/3 Surveyors made contact in order to sign off the survey instruction and to provide email address..
    29/3 - Homebuyers survey takes place
    30/3 - Report received.
    3/4 - Phoned MA to see abotu application. MA informs me they needed the whole sheet of my CC statement not jsut the first page. not that it makes the blindest bit of difference!
    5/4 - Searches come throguh from solicitor and we take advisement on issues rising from both the searches and the survey.
    5/4 - Decision made to withdraw offer due to structural problems.
    7/4 - Offer made on a new property - Rejected
    7/4 - Second and final offer made
    9/4 - Offer accepted
    9/4 - Phoned MA to advise of new property who tells me he didnt recieve the CC statement (even thoguh its in sentbox...) CC resent. New Address given. Money for Valuation taken.
    9/4 - Solicitors instructed on new property and they realyl hit the ground running! Highly recommend LPL Conveyancing.
    10/4 - Text from Quest to inform valuation had been instructed (different company from the last one)

And now th waiting game continues. My once beautiful hair is now littered with white and silver!

23/4 Phone call from EA to say that the survey still hadnt been booked and Vendor is contemplating putting it back on the market.:eek:

23/4 PHone MA to find out what the hell is going on. After some very angry phone calls and emails it turns out TSB had been phoning the wrong number for A WHOLE WEEK to book the survey and hadnt informed us of any issues.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

24/4 MA Phones TSB to book valuation with new number. Valuation booked same day.
    25/4 Valuation booked for 1/5

2/5 Valuation took place due to tenants moving out late
    4/5 Homebuyers report received and nothing unexpected :j:j:j

And now the wait for the Mortgage Offer as everything is suppose to have been underwritten already... but who knows with TSB? :o

Cautiously optimistic
  • Brutos
    Brutos Posts: 8 Forumite
    So my story is this :
    28/03/2018 Applied to TSB via broker
    Between 28/03/2018 and the 30/04/2018 TSB did absolutely nothing other than request documents every 5 to 6 days delaying the mortgage, rather than request all documents upfront they fiddled their tumps making the developer think we were messing them around.
    So partner and I decided on the 30/04/2018 to not wait and apply to Halifax with the same broker, so here goes:
    30/04/2018 : Applied to Halifax
    01/05/2018 : All documents approved, Credit check done knocked 16 points of my score Valuation booked for 04/05/2018
    04/05/2018: Valuation carried out report send to lender
    04/05/2018: By 16:30 Mortgage offer issued

I wasted a full month with TSB caused me and my partner so much stress and sleepless nights. Didn!!!8217;t think I could hate an institution like I did TSB. Both myself and my partner have great credit scores, combined income of £165k and TSB dragged our application on for a month asking dumb questions, requesting silly documents which Halifax didn!!!8217;t.
    Happy bank holiday weekend to me now and my partner. Good luck to everyone else waiting.
  • lena_halo
    lena_halo Posts: 164 Forumite
    Anyone know how long it takes for the paperwork to come through from Nationwide? Our broker advised the mortgage offer had been issued last Tuesday but we haven!!!8217;t received anything yet :( Really want to see it in writing now!!
  • lena_halo wrote: »
    Anyone know how long it takes for the paperwork to come through from Nationwide? Our broker advised the mortgage offer had been issued last Tuesday but we haven!!!8217;t received anything yet :( Really want to see it in writing now!!

Bricking it

we are ftb's found our dream house had 2 viewings and a offer well below asking and they accepted.

we are with Nationwide and we have a broker. She is doing our application tomorrow night. Bricking it, reading horror stories of them declining :( How long do you think it would take?
  • lena_halo
    lena_halo Posts: 164 Forumite
    Don!!!8217;t worry, ours took 4 weeks and I was so stressed by the end of that! But apparently it!!!8217;s all ok, although I will feel better when I see the paperwork! Just hang in there!!
  • We are in the same boat. FTB and found our dream home. Have a broker and also going with nationwide.
    Applied a month ago and valuation done on the 30th April., still waiting for our offer and can't take it much longer with the not knowing.
    Stalked this thread and seen others apply and hear back within less time.
    Our new build is ready sometime in June so I am starting to panic with the date getting closer.
    It means so.much because this is probably our first and last time to do it because we can only get a 21yr mortgage due to our ages.
    Anyone waiting I feel your pain !!!128513; and with you on how stressful it is.
  • FTBNow
    FTBNow Posts: 146 Forumite
    edited 9 May 2018 at 8:44AM
    FTBNow wrote: »
    Our current status is this:

16/04: Offer accepted on house.
    25/04: AIP with Santander
    26/04: Ful application, valuation requested and full credit check carried out (hard search came up on my Experian file and took off 36 points. Ouch!!)
    03/05: Valuation being carried out today.

Am I to assume that because the valuation has gone ahead we're basically "in the clear" as far as the credit check goes? I know there are probably finalised checks, but...

I had endless nightmares last night of logging on to MATS and seeing "mortgage application declined". Argh!!

A bit of movement our end. Valuation has been carried out and now all documents are back with the underwriter. On 08/05 (yesterday) the lender queried two things on mine and my partner's statements: my standing order to my MA loan (which my adviser told me I didn't have to declare as the Career and Development Loan is government funded - seemed odd to me at the time as it's an outgoing!) and my partner's now-cancelled gym membership.

Broker explained and the application was then passed back to the underwriter. Hoping it's not much longer now: broker has said we're in the stages of final assessment on the documents but the Bank Holiday may have slowed things down ever so slightly. He originally predicted we would get an offer today/Thursday but he's not so sure now.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback