Breeze gone.

Comments

• JohnB47
    JohnB47 Posts: 2,544 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Each to his own, I suppose but I've cancelled my DD with Breeze, as I did when Eversmart went under.

I'm simply not happy to let companies like Utilita, who I moved away from over a month ago, have free reign to continue taking my money while they drag their heels in settling my account.

If Utilita or the next SORN want money from me, I'll pay it promptly by BACS once they send me a correct bill.
  • Carrot007
    Carrot007 Posts: 4,534 Forumite
    It's not that simple, I'm afraid

I believe Breeze only had 18000 customers.
    So to raise £0.5million this month, that would mean adding over £27 to everyone's monthly bill, and just before Christmas too.

If the payments had to be made more frequently, say every month, then customers would only have to be charged about £2 per month more, which would probably be acceptable to most. :)

Yes, that does count as well. But I was more generalising the market problems rather than this suppliers issue (but they would have known about it and should have been accounting for it for ages).

On my point, even the big suppliers are making a loss if you call them once (for a problem). And are people with problems more likely to move to smaller suppliers in anger?

And if you are making a loss with one problem, you are charging too little.

Additional: And I say that as someone paying over £140 a month which will most likely not break me even at the end of the year!
  • matelodave
    matelodave Posts: 8,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I agree with John especially if you decide that you dont want to stay with the SoLR. Let them send you a bill rather than them dipping into your account whether you are in credit or not.

It's just taken me three months and a snotty e-mail to get my credit back from Utilita after they took over from Eversmart. Unfortunately Eversmart went at the wrong time of the year for me as I was in credit - I can usually plan my my account to float around in debit.

This is the third takeover that I've had and Utilita have been the slowest in getting it sorted out
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
  • katies_mum
    katies_mum Posts: 2,345 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I did manage to cancel our DD which should have left the bank today. The credit on our account should easily take care of our bill with Breeze and I will happily pay should there be a shortfall. Will also pay any interim company by BACS until I am happy to set up a new DD with a company I am happy to move to.
  • I agree with Nick! :cool:
  • JohnB47
    edited 20 December 2019 at 6:05PM
    I took my energy readings on Wednesday, the day Breeze went bust and I assumed that I couldn't log into their site to register them.

However, I was just trying to use the 'contact us' link and a log-in icon appeared. Using this I have actually logged in as usual and entered my meter readings.

I'm not sure if this will be used by the SORN allocated but it's worth a try. I might even get a final Breeze statement!

To see the log-in option, go to the Breeze home page and scroll down a bit - the log-in icon automatically appears at the top right hand corner.

Edit: I've just received an email from Breeze 'Thank you for submitting your meter readings'. So their system is still working on automatic.
  • matelodave
    matelodave Posts: 8,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    As always the advice is to read your meter, take a photo as well if you can and then download and save all your bills and statements before the website dies because you'll find it nigh on impossible to get up to date info one they shut it down.

If you've got all your data at your fingertips it will make sorting out any future problems a lot easier (do'nt just download the last bill, save all of them)
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
  • JohnB47
    Well well.

I've just had an email saying my statement is ready. Logged in, requested that the statement be sent to me by email, got that immediately, downloaded and saved it.

Even after they've been shut down, Breeze are working better than any energy supplier I've ever had.
  • katies_mum
    katies_mum Posts: 2,345 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Thanks JohnB47, I`m going to put my meter readings on. I have found Breeze such a great company to deal with (was with Iresa before and they were also really good) Wonder who we will be transferred to?
  • peterx
    peterx Posts: 137 Forumite
    I have just received my statement after entering my readings yesterday.This company is the best energy company i have ever dealt with.So sorry they have gone under.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback