Wren Kitchens - My Review

Options

Comments

• Meepster
    Meepster Posts: 5,955 Forumite
    Options
    Sounds like bad fitting to me. The plinth dropping down will be due to the top of the plinth not being trimmed enough for the door to pass it when it is opened. Literally a 2 minute job.

As for the doors not closing properly, probably due to bad alignment, this can usually be fixed by adjusting the screws on the hinges. Alternatively it could be faulty soft-close buffers, but again, not hard or time consuming to fix.

I would be more irate at them not getting back in touch with you and I have to admit, I keep hearing horror stories regarding customer service from my local branch...
    If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands

• Al_Ross
    Al_Ross Posts: 905 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes I know these are minor problems that we have now,but what went on earlier wasn't.
  • adamg
    adamg Posts: 485 Forumite
    Options
    meat product
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • noonerbernerd
    Options
    I bought a kitchen from them in the middle of the year. Paid £3500. On delivery day the oven unit, oven and microwave didn't arrive, after many phonecalls we got them delivered three days later. Microwave door steamed up from day one, and doors have warped since.

The store manager was a ****. He was ex- B&Q and felt the need to tell me about this every time I spoke to him. He quit in August, the new manager quickly sorted out reimbursement for our lack of oven. However poor communication between stores and head office meant this cheque took months to arrive.

After a while I noticed two of the doors had warped. I posted this on their Facebook page. The next day Armando Sanchez, the MD of the firm, had rang me. I explained all the difficulties I had with the firm, and he asked what he could do to "make it right". I just wanted my doors replaced. He sent the deputy manager of the branch out the next day to confirm which ones had twisted, and also included a cheque for £250. The replacement doors arrived within a week.

The missing oven unit etc was because we asked at the last minute, barely a week before delivery, if we could change our original order from a double oven to the single / microwave. The store processed it but it didn't go through to the warehouse in time. The problem with reimbursement came from the ex-manager quoting repeatedly B&Q "policy" over statutory rights and legislation, which got my back up.

Would I recommend them? I doubt it. Would I use them again? Probably.
  • peg2110
    Options
    Well folks, as an ex employee. I have to say, that the product is not too bad.

However,

The customer service is shocking, and over the 6 months i worked for them more customer orders went wrong than right. The attitude that shocked me most was from the team I worked with, they really did not give a fig about resolving issues, It was only ever about the next order....to be honest what do you expect in a commision rich environment. The company decided last year that consultants would be responsible for any remedials and that they would be paid for by their own commision. (seems sensible enough) However Consultants were then in control of wether or not to action a remedial and the majority simply will not do it. I had enough early on and decided to part company with them. I am unfortunately a bad salesperson because I have a conscience.

Try them for a quote, but be warned. if you have any doubt about the ability of the salesperson to deliver what they are offering then walk away.

P.S all the above is only my humble opinion.
  • phil_robbo
    phil_robbo Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 7 February 2012 at 5:15PM
    Options
    DO NOT BUY FROM WREN KITCHENS ... I am in the middle of a nightmare, here is a copy of the e-mail I have sent to the manager;

Dear Sir,
    We have recently purchased a kitchen from Wren Kitchens, I wish to express how hugely disappointed we are with the service we have received from your company.
    The whole process has been a series of blunders, we were offered delivery week commencing 15th Jan 2012, I requested that it be held back one week to 23rd Jan, which it was, which gave you an extra week to complete the order, when the delivery arrived there were three cabinet doors missing, the door for the dish washer was missing and there was no sink, we should also have had one more end board. After numerous phone calls and visits to the showroom, today being 6th February, we still do not have any doors or end board, I collected the sink from the showroom last week, being told that they had been sent the wrong hand sink, but they had replaced it with the correct one.
    Today Rotherams arrived to fit the worktops (bearing in mind your salesperson told us the tops would be fitted within two days of the units being fitted, it is now two weeks) the sink turned out to be the wrong hand, fortunately the showroom had not sent the other sink back, which they said was wrong but in fact was right, so I went and exchanged sinks at the showroom, Rotherams then discovered that the wrong size hole had been cut in the worktop, as Wren have changed sink sizes.
    Then it was discovered there were no up-stands , when I told the showroom they said we had not asked for any, this is completely untrue, we ordered up-stands but it appears your sales did not order them from Rotherams.
    As a by the way, your sales person promised my wife cutlery dividers for the drawers and we have never received them.
    It appears that we have been constantly lied to and fobbed off whenever we have tried to progress the order, in fact the only part of the whole fiasco Wren have been efficient with was taking £3500 from us, even then the person who phoned about the balance of £2500 was quite offhand, his words being `this must be paid by Friday if you want us to put your order through` we were only asked for 10% deposit at the showroom, we paid £1000 deposit, so I feel there was no need for your caller to speak to me as if I was a debtor.
    The sales people at Huddersfield showroom were made aware that although we are renovating the house we are living in the house, we have been without kitchen facilities since January 23rd, and it has caused a lot of inconvenience.
    We regret ever walking into your showroom, certainly with the impression that Wren would sell us a top quality product with service to match, as we have said, we are hugely disappointed with Wren Kitchens.

I have never had to deal with such an incompetant bunch of halfwits in my life, all they do is fob you off and lie, I think my next step is C.A.B.
    What is worse ..they do not appear to have an e-mail address you can complain to.
  • Al_Ross
    Al_Ross Posts: 905 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Still waiting for Wrens to send thier joiners back ,over 2 months and 3 calls later.

I guess thats the beauty in having a Wrens 3 year installation warranty !
  • Cyclopidski
    Options
    Well i'm glad i saw these reviews. I have been thinking of installing two new kitchens in my very large house, but second thoughts, i'd rather go to B&Q.
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    phil_robbo wrote: »
    ...I think my next step is CBA.
    What's a CBA?
  • squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    wealdroam wrote: »
    What's a CBA?

This

:)

Possibly ;)
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport