new smart meter increases my bills?

13»

Comments

• renegadefm
    renegadefm Posts: 1,303 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    MWT, I didnt recieve bills as it was a prepay meter, we just topped it up randomly as required.
    I tried getting old tarrif information on my EDF online account but they seemed to have wiped the history.
    How would I find that now so I can compare?
  • MWT
    MWT Posts: 9,251 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    renegadefm wrote: »
    MWT, I didnt recieve bills as it was a prepay meter, we just topped it up randomly as required.
    I tried getting old tarrif information on my EDF online account but they seemed to have wiped the history.
    How would I find that now so I can compare?

It may be time to look forward instead of backwards I guess, if the online information isn't there and you don't have any paperwork relating to the tariff then it is going to be difficult. I'd hope they would give you that information if you called them up but that could take some time...

The bad news is that if you want/need to stay on pre-payment then you are not going to be able to switch to the cheapest tariffs out there as the pre-payment tariffs are generally always more expensive than the lower cost options.

... but you should still be able to do better than the tariff they have you on now.

I'd still take the time to call and ask about alternative tariffs with EDF as that will be faster than switching, but do compare against other suppliers like Bulb for example who have a prepayment tariff that looks likely to be cheaper than the one you are on now...
  • renegadefm
    renegadefm Posts: 1,303 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    MWT, ok thanks for your help. I will sort this tomorrow.
    I just really regret letting EDF badger me into having a smart meter. I normally like to move with the times but not if its costing me more money which it definetly is doing compared to my prepayment meter.
    Thanks again.
  • Following as I have a similar issue
  • MWT
    MWT Posts: 9,251 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Following as I have a similar issue

I would suggest starting a new thread so people can help you with your issue.

No matter how similar there are always differences so much easier to give advice in your own thread.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure