Avro Energy reviews: Give your feedback

Comments

2010 Posts: 5,352 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    philng wrote: »
    New tariff is finally here which is great news as easy to switch online as an existing customer with no Exit Fees.

New Tariff SIMPLE & SUPERFLOW

Just click New Quotation
    Key in Postcode and select address and it will recognise you as an existing customer
    IMPORTANT change renewal date (overtype) to today date & click renew
    Hey presto confirmation e mail received within 5 mins

It might be worth putting in readings before you do the switch.
  • philng wrote: »
    New tariff is finally here which is great news as easy to switch online as an existing customer with no Exit Fees.

New Tariff SIMPLE & SUPERFLOW

Just click New Quotation
    Key in Postcode and select address and it will recognise you as an existing customer
    IMPORTANT change renewal date (overtype) to today date & click renew
    Hey presto confirmation e mail received within 5 mins
    Many thanks for that info :)

...just swopped over to Simple&Superflow with immediate effect. £84/yr cheaper for me than Simple&Supersave.

My son and my daughter are also with Avro;...they’ve both just switched as well. :j
  • aris
    aris Posts: 339 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Existing AVRO customer (was with Yorkshire Energy before) - I renewed under the new tariff and estimated saving is £150 - so i'm happy.

One thing i'd say - supply them with an updated gas meter reading after renewing so that the new gas used is under the new tariff. Electricty cost the same (at least for me) so I didn't bother updating that.
  • rjmachin
    rjmachin Posts: 340 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    I renewed with Avro online a few days ago as well.

I thought Christmas had come early, more than £10 a month cheaper for me, so I was super happy. Both the standing charge and unit rates of gas and electric are cheaper on the new tariff.

I've been with Avro for 3 or 4 years, renewing at various points when new tariffs work out cheaper (like I did this week) so have probably renewed half a dozen times.

Avro may not be the cheapest overall on the market, but they are pretty close with no exit fees and if you check tariffs monthly, you can switch tariffs when it's cheaper.

I have never needed to call Avro so cannot comment on customer service and the website is pretty basic, but in terms of price, they are one of the best for me.
  • Thanks for this only £24 cheaper a year but every penny countxs
  • Been with Avro a few years now - all ok, and no exit fees mean you have can switch anytime so check every few months for a cheaper new available tariff. Just switched to Simple and Superflow from Simple and Supersave and DD has dropped £5 a month to £79. I suspect there are a large number of Avro customers who could be on this new cheaper tariff but don`t know about it. The vast number of different names for old tariffs makes me LOL.
  • Lorian
    Lorian Posts: 5,706 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    just switched to Simple and Superflow from simple and supersave.

Saves me a lot.

Just be aware you need to AMEND THE START DATE on the renewal as it defaults to when your current contract ends. I just changed the date to tomorrow. Already had the confirmation email.
  • Lorian
    Lorian Posts: 5,706 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    I calculated for where I live this change saves about 12.5% on gas price and 2.1% on Electricity.

Plus combined saving of roughly £8 a year from the reduction in standing charges.

One slight anomaly - when I've entered meter readings the previous history for electricity readings has disappeared. Meter number is right. Gas history is still there.
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,205 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    I don't read this board as often as I should:o but glad I popped in today.

Thanks for the heads up on the new(ish) tariff. Saving is £10 pm so I've switched as from tomorrow.

We were in credit £130 ish end of December and probably a bit more by now. Readings sent in yesterday so should get up to date statement next week. At what level of credit do people request a refund, bearing in mind its still winter:(
  • cranford
    cranford Posts: 797 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    If you are a typical user with higher energy costs in winter then your credit will probably disappear come the spring. One of the reasons Avro andthe smaller companies can stay in business is that they try and keep customers in credit before winter starts otherwise they will run out of cash.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback