Baby steps to mortgage freedom for beanielou.

Options

Comments

• Butti
    Butti Posts: 5,014 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'll be buying toys this weekend to take into work on Monday. Will have to look at the budget first and not go mad. Need to also buy for three friends, my neice and my dad so that's probably £100 (better do my mileage claim tomorrow!)

Doing food for the food bank next Friday after I've been paid! The pub are collecting so will put stuff in there rather than at work.

p.s. I will ask my brother about the above and buy accordingly - thank you!
    Debt LBM (08/09) £11,641. DEBT FREE APRIL 2021.
    Diary 'Butti's journey : A matter of loaf or death'.
    Diary 2 'The whimsical tale of the Waterbed of Debt'
    48% off mortgage

'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
  • teafor2
    teafor2 Posts: 3,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    I am beyond tired.
    Believe you me I did a lot less than others there.

Anyway.
    140 finished.
    22 I think still to do but we ran out of stuff.
    also we were very short of gifts for older teenagers :([/QUOTE

Wow that's a lot of boxes made up - well done to everybody who helped out :T On the other side of the coin it's a crying shame 162 families need them. :(

I've donated toys to a well known charity in town in the past but their cut off point was 13 years old. The fact you gift things to older teenagers is wonderful. 13 is still very young to wake up to not very much on Christmas Day :( I think you're all marvellous. xx
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,268 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Thanks tea. Xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Butti
    Butti Posts: 5,014 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Playing cards and some music memory game called Memory Maze is what I am getting. My brother said playing cards is always good (and small and cheap)
    Debt LBM (08/09) £11,641. DEBT FREE APRIL 2021.
    Diary 'Butti's journey : A matter of loaf or death'.
    Diary 2 'The whimsical tale of the Waterbed of Debt'
    48% off mortgage

'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
  • teafor2
    Options
    Beanie, just out of interest what sort of gifts are donated for your older teenagers. xx
  • beanielou
    Options
    teafor2 wrote: »
    Beanie, just out of interest what sort of gifts are donated for your older teenagers. xx

For older girls smellies, make up,make up bags, socks, scarfs, gloves ect.
    Boys much more difficult & we had very little donated. Mini speakers were one really good one & Harry Potter mugs with socks in were great too. Lynx gift sets & that was it. xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• teafor2
    Options
    Teenagers are hard to buy for even if you know them but those are nice gifts and it's really thoughtful of people to include them :) Not sure there's a charity near us that collects for that age group. I'm too late this year and I've also done other things but as a Mum to 2 teens I'd love to send some things to you next year if that's OK? x
  • beanielou
    Options
    teafor2 wrote: »
    Teenagers are hard to buy for even if you know them but those are nice gifts and it's really thoughtful of people to include them :) Not sure there's a charity near us that collects for that age group. I'm too late this year and I've also done other things but as a Mum to 2 teens I'd love to send some things to you next year if that's OK? x

Of course :) xx

• EssexHebridean
    Options
    That sounds like a brilliant lot of boxes made up Beanie - well done to you all!

I MUST remember to do the foodbank shop along with our food shopping this week!
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,576 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You’ll have made a lot of folk a lot happier over Christmas Beanie.:T:A:T:A
    January spends - £587.58
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories