Invesco funds - fees?

just as a rule of thumb examples what sort of fees might i have to pay both start up, annualy and selling on a fund such as the Invesco Aggressive Uk fund, if i put say £3k in?

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,363 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Depends on who you use to invest it. If you go direct, then expect around 5% initial charge. If you to an IFA or get a home visit from an IFA then expect 3-5% initial charge. If you buy online from an IFA than you can get no initial charge. Some also give back some of the annual trail commissions.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • CarpyQS
    CarpyQS Posts: 24 Forumite
    DD could you reccomend me a good fund fund? Is the UK aggressive a good choice? I dont want income just growth. not sur ehow long i'll keep itand will invest about £3k in a lump sum?
  • dunstonh
    Although fund recommendations is part of my role, I cannot make recommendations on the board I'm afraid. Otherwise i would have to document it on my records which involves some paperwork.

Plus others may read your recommendation and decide to try it for themselves when it may not be suitable for them.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • cloud_dog
    cloud_dog Posts: 6,044 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    There are loads of websites out there that will allow you to do fund comparisons of best performers, etc. Try https://www.iii.co.uk, https://www.moneysupermarket, etc, etc. https://www.bestinvest.co.uk offer a quite easy "research" tool where you can list the top ten funds in each different sector over 1, 3, or 5 years.

The "Aggresive" fund you mention sounds a fairly high risk fund to invest with - are you sure you want to do this? Any particular reason to identify this fund?

If this is a UK based fund I would suggest going with a fund that has a top manager and a good track record - I tend to follow certain managers and keep my investment with them.

cloud_dog
    Personal Responsibility - Sad but True :D

Sometimes.... I am like a dog with a bone
  • dunstonh
    On thing you should do is not pull it all in one fund. Pick 3 funds. With the fund supermarkets that is easy as you still only get one statement but havent put all your eggs in one basket.
  • If you go to the Fidelity fundnetwork webpage <www.fidelity.co.uk> and enter through the advisor page then you can find out all fund fees, including initial and renewal commission. You can even create your own Key Features documents!

If you are self-selecting your ISA, then probably best to buy through a discount broker such as Cavendish, so you get cashback on the comission you pay.
  • blinko
    blinko Posts: 2,507 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    check out https://www.citywire.co.uk for fund performances and more info etc
  • Tabasco
    Tabasco Posts: 139 Forumite
    DD is right. Initial charge is 5% but into an ISA, you get 2% discount. If you have an IFA, you may get some rebate from them. It's always better to have one anyway.

AMC is 1.5%, taken from income (I think) but no exit charge when selling. You don't get charged trail/renewal commissions, I think it's part of admin fees taken from the fund.

Call them and ask for some factsheets/reports and check what the underlying investments are/performance/rating etc and assess it yourself (if you decide to DIY) or discuss it with your IFA.
  • Tabasco
    Tabasco Posts: 139 Forumite
    The funds are ICVCs, similar to OEICs but more commonly known in the rest of Europe, hence the change.

Another company/agent I would suggest you to have a look is St James's Place. In my own opinion, they seem to really keep their eyes on clients' investments.

But having an agent is a must if you are not familiar with investments. You don't get charged or only a little anyway so why not!? At least you can blame someone if something goes horribly wrong....hahahah

Note: Do not consider this post as a recommendation. I am just a small potato in one of the companies mentioned and perhaps with a little experience.
  • If you are going to invest in Unit Trusts then Hargreaves Lansdown is probably the best place as the discounts often mean little or no intial charges... also no charges for selling.

Agreed that you should probably put £1000 in 3 funds rather than the lot in one

If you want to invest in the UK then you might want to put a 1000 in each of the small, medium and large cap areas for funds

Try using Morningstar, Citywire etc.

In small cap you could do much worse than try any of the following:

First State British Smaller Companies
    Framlington UK Smaller Companies
    Artemis UK Smaller Companies
    Marlborough Special Situations
    Old Mutual UK Smaller Companies

Not a recommendation by the way as i'm only 8 mths into this investing lark myself
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure