IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Fine - ParkingEye

HumDrum70
HumDrum70 Posts: 8 Forumite
edited 19 June 2017 at 11:45AM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Parking fine - 12 May 2017 at 16:59:31, at Royal United Hospital Bath - Car Park 1a .
On the day in question, left the hospital and paid for parking by card following the machine's instructions. The receipt the machine printed looked no different to the one previously received the week before on a previous visit. This latest receipt even had the amount printed as £3, so therefore assumed this sum of money had been deducted from bank account. Several weeks later, received a PCN with time and photos of the car in question coming and going, stating no payment had been received. hoiked out said receipt, scanned it and then saw (as scanner enlarged the small ticket/ receipt to A4) the word 'void' at the top in tiny print, obscured by other text. would have thought the amount would say £0.00 but it didn't so just didn't notice the payment hadn't gone through. have appealed and the appeal was declined, now have to appeal to POPLA. So, the long and short of it is a) didn't find this forum until after appeal was sent. b) never did pay for parking even though thought one had c) feel this was a misleading ticket/ receipt and possibly a faulty machine not connecting card to bank. Can anyone advise me where I stand?

Comments

• Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,298 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    read newbies thread at the top of this section

its NOT a fine
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    First edit your post to remove details of who was driving

If you are still in time do your popla appeal.

See the newbies FAQ thread near the top of the forum on how to deal with this

And at the same time complain to Pals at the hospital
  • HumDrum70
    Now ParkingEye are asking me to submit copy driving license/ passport along with £10, which is apparently the applicable fee for processing any 'subject access request' so that they can 'collate the information and respond as soon as possible'. I've already submitted my appeal to POPLA and have the backing of Pals at the RUH, so do I ignore this request, send ParkingEye an email stating I am waiting for POPLA to respond or send them the documents and money (which seems utterly ridiculous!)?
  • Quentin
    If you no longer want what you originally made the SAR for then just ignore the request.

When you say Pals are backing you, if that means they are getting the PCN cancelled then do wait till you get this confirmed by PE before discontinuing your efforts to defend this (should your POPLA appeal fail)
  • HumDrum70
    Pals are waiting to hear what POPLA say and I am to keep them informed. I think at that point, they may step in. Thanks for the advice
  • Quentin
    Wouldn't call that "backing you"

Looks more like a fob off. (If POPLA reject the appeal they won't have any further interest in anything PALS come up with!)

Give them stronger complaint and ask them to intervene on your behalf and get it cancelled now.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,403 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    HumDrum70 wrote: »
    Pals are waiting to hear what POPLA say and I am to keep them informed. I think at that point, they may step in. Thanks for the advice

ParkingEye might refuse to cancel after POPLA, if they win. We've seen them demand money to cancel, after POPLA, because *sob, sob* poor ParkingEye have expended money on the case...awwwww my heart bleeds for them...NOT.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • HumDrum70
    OK, now POPLA have stated my appeal has been unsuccessful and I have a choice of either getting in touch with the CAB or paying for legal services, or paying the fine. I assume the next step is to keep going and call on the CAB whilst keeping PALS informed?
  • Quentin
    Who gave you those choices.

Take none of them! Cab are useless on private parking charges. Paying for legal help is likely to be a waste and paying the charge now is pointless

You are in the debt collectors stage (see newbies FAQ thread). Ignore debt collectors!

Come back to the forum if you get court correspondence or a letter before court action for advice on dealing with those

Don't forget Pals
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,403 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    HumDrum70 wrote: »
    OK, now POPLA have stated my appeal has been unsuccessful and I have a choice of either getting in touch with the CAB or paying for legal services, or paying the fine. I assume the next step is to keep going and call on the CAB whilst keeping PALS informed?

Nope. Forget the CAB and forget paying up at this stage. It is not a fine.

Complain again to the NHS Trust.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure