IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

MSE News: 'Don't pay unfair private parking tickets'

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,403 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    DoaM wrote: »
    Please do not use the advice in this article ... please see the **NEWBIES!! PRIVATE PARKING TICKET? OLD OR NEW? **READ THESE FAQS FIRST!** Thankyou! sticky thread

Seconded. Use the forum template for any private parking 'ticket'.

DO NOT USE THE APPEALS PROVIDED BY 'MSE' TO APPEAL PARKING TICKETS.

:T
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Hi please help
    Today I received a letter from DRP (Dept Recovery Plus) regarding a parking notice I was supposed to been issued with on the 12th September this year. I have never seen a ticket or been notified by the creditor National Parking Enforcement Ltd. The day in question I was at a seminar at a Hotel in Norwich, and was told by the staff to park at the rear of the building. How come I never received a ticket or a letter from National Parking Enforcement Ltd?
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,298 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Hi please help
    Today I received a letter from DRP (Dept Recovery Plus) regarding a parking notice I was supposed to been issued with on the 12th September this year. I have never seen a ticket or been notified by the creditor National Parking Enforcement Ltd. The day in question I was at a seminar at a Hotel in Norwich, and was told by the staff to park at the rear of the building. How come I never received a ticket or a letter from National Parking Enforcement Ltd?

Please do not use the advice in this article ... please see the **NEWBIES!! PRIVATE PARKING TICKET? OLD OR NEW? **READ THESE FAQS FIRST!** Thankyou! sticky thread
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    and try using a PC/ laptop to navigate the forum ...........

not a phone ;)

Ralph:cool:
  • Coupon-mad
    Please do not use the advice in this article

... please see the **NEWBIES!! PRIVATE PARKING TICKET? OLD OR NEW? **READ THESE FAQS FIRST!** Thankyou! sticky thread.
  • Hi I recently appealed a fine because I forgot to put in my reg into the number machine in Aldi Supermarket. I shopped for 30 mins and have a shop receipt to prove it. Parking Eye state they take 28 days to replay to a appeal therefore I will have gone over the 14 day discount period. If Parking Eye reject my appeal will I still be eligible for the discounted fine of £50 or will I have to pay the full amount of £100? Many thanks.
  • catfunt
    catfunt Posts: 624 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Please read the NEWBIES thread at the top of this forum listing, then start a new thread - please don't post on this thread, or take the "official" MSE advice as it is seriously flawed.
  • Coupon-mad
    Please do not use the advice in this article.

DO NOT REPLY HERE.

... please see the **NEWBIES!! PRIVATE PARKING TICKET? OLD OR NEW? **READ THESE FAQS FIRST!** Thankyou! sticky thread.
  • Hi

I have just received a final demand from CEL for payment of a parking charge notice. Given that this is the first communication i have had from them and the actual letter only has a pcn number and no details beyondd the date of issue, is there any place to check what the charge is supposed to relate to or do i have to contact the company directly.

Also given they are issuing a final demand, yet i have not received any other charge before this, i am assuming that it is more than likely i will have to appeal all of this to Popla?
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Bru4 wrote: »
    Hi

I have just received a final demand from CEL for payment of a parking charge notice. Given that this is the first communication i have had from them and the actual letter only has a pcn number and no details beyondd the date of issue, is there any place to check what the charge is supposed to relate to or do i have to contact the company directly.

Also given they are issuing a final demand, yet i have not received any other charge before this, i am assuming that it is more than likely i will have to appeal all of this to Popla?

See post #99 above.

This is a very old thread and advice no longer applies

If you want help, start your own thread.
    No help is available on this thread

Read the newbies thread FIRST
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family