Boots Sale

Options

Comments

• kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Not had a chance but nothing I desperately wanted / want so might have a look when I get a chance for a nosey
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Figgi
    Figgi Posts: 280 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Quick heads up that I heard .

From Friday any Boots online order under £10 will be hit with £1.50 delivery charge. Orders instore will not be hit
  • kerri_gt
    Options
    Popped in yesterday, can't say there was much that took my fancy, lots of stock left but just rehashes of the same stuff from previous years in the main.
    JAN NSD 11/16

• sarahj1986
    sarahj1986 Posts: 1,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    1st January and the thread is only just on page two. A sign that the Boots gift sets are losing their shine?

I went into Stratford upon Avon bridge street store (it’s relatively small) but you wouldn’t have thought Christmas was over with the amount of stock they’ve got left. All the gift set shelves still full. Not been up to Stratford upon Avon maybird (a much bigger store) yet but I may pop up this week to see how their stock levels are doing.

Couple of things I might get but only at 70% and even then I’m not too bothered
    :money::rotfl::T
  • catswiththumbs
    Options
    Figgi wrote: »
    Quick heads up that I heard .

From Friday any Boots online order under £10 will be hit with £1.50 delivery charge. Orders instore will not be hit

That's bad news - I often order stuff to collect in store because local stores don't always have what I want. To add on £1.50 to the cost of the item means it'll be overpriced. Oh well, looks like other stores will get my custom instead. Even if they are slightly more expensive than Boots, factor in that their click and collect is free and I'm still paying less.
  • Africat
    Africat Posts: 1,078 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    sarahj1986 wrote: »
    1st January and the thread is only just on page two. A sign that the Boots gift sets are losing their shine?
    Couple of things I might get but only at 70% and even then I’m not too bothered

Possibly...
    As Kerri gt says, its largely just the same old stuff in different packaging every year!
    Excessively packaged at that,! I'm trying to be more environmentally aware and lots of the quirky shaped tins and stuff serve no real purpose once the products are used.
    There's a couple of bits I want if they are left but won't be going mad this year as defo need to run my stash down! Plus I think my lot must be sick of smellies, even if they are just stocking fillers :rotfl:
  • Figgi
    Figgi Posts: 280 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    That's bad news - I often order stuff to collect in store because local stores don't always have what I want. To add on £1.50 to the cost of the item means it'll be overpriced. Oh well, looks like other stores will get my custom instead. Even if they are slightly more expensive than Boots, factor in that their click and collect is free and I'm still paying less.

If you are in a store and order then it is still free delivery.

I know what you mean though. When looking for baby clothes I’ve noticed it is like that with Sainsbury Tu and a few other places
  • kerri_gt
    Options
    Figgi wrote: »
    If you are in a store and order then it is still free delivery.

I know what you mean though. When looking for baby clothes I’ve noticed it is like that with Sainsbury Tu and a few other places

It's also counter productive, I have ordered items I know i will return in order to get free delivery or click and collect. So not only are warehouse staff picking stuff that will be returned but then it costs the company to process the return as well. All of which I'm sure costs more than the £1.50 or whatever they levy on a min order value.
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Baskcm
    Baskcm Posts: 45 Forumite
    Options
    Hi first year where in not.workng for boots I spent 9 years there and.i noticed each Xmas less and less people where.coming.into the store that includes the ad card events.

Problem with boots is they don't change the products it's the same stale items again and again and I think it is going.to hurt them in the future
  • sampan26
    sampan26 Posts: 643 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Popped in this morn in urgent need of lady things, and also grabbed a No7 brush set for £12.50 was £25 and a Benefit cake style tin for £22.99 was £34.50.
    So pretty happy with those things for myself as I paid in points! :)

Unsure on the Boots sale, as I don't really need to get much for birthdays, or stock myself, but knowing me I shall feel like I'm missing out if I don't go! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure