Savings accounts accepting DD's

Comments

• HardSpend wrote: »
    time finally come to sort out all these new DDs..:(

what's the minimum payment on the christmas club ones?
    i.e. Park Christmas Savings & Variety Christmas Savings

If you create a DD with Park today then your first payment will be taken in May and the last payment (in time for a voucher in December) will be in November. This equates to around £1.44 per month from May to November if you select a £10 gift card or voucher.
  • Sad_Panda
    Sad_Panda Posts: 15 Forumite
    HardSpend wrote: »
    Scottish Widows Internet Saver Account
    I created Chip and Plum DDs today. Both only allow one DD. Plum told me they will allow more in the near future. Moneybox is an option but it is not free.

As in one DD per linked account or one DD total? Just wondering as I've probably got about 6? DDs that I need to work out.
  • niktheguru
    niktheguru Posts: 1,476 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Another option is to set up a direct debit for the national lottery. You can play one line a week (from£1 to £2.50) and it will take a monthly direct debit amount.

For those who play the lottery its a good direct debit :-)
  • pantaiema
    pantaiema Posts: 183 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I called Saga today to set up a DD the telephone banking CS keep telling me SO which appears to me or be DD because the way she was explaining to me is pulling money from my current AC to be saved in my saving account.

I wonder what experience other people have got when trying setting up a DD with SAGA ?
  • blindman
    blindman Posts: 5,659 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    pantaiema wrote: »
    I called Saga today to set up a DD the telephone banking CS keep telling me SO which appears to me or be DD because the way she was explaining to me is pulling money from my current AC to be saved in my saving account.

I wonder what experience other people have got when trying setting up a DD with SAGA ?

Absolute fiasco
  • Doc_N wrote: »
    But Chip and Plum both require access to your bank account? :eek:
    My initial reaction is that, that's a bad idea. But thinking it over is there any reason to be afraid? Wouldn't your bank protect you if anything went wrong? Or would it be a violation to give access to another party?
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 30,995 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post

Perhaps the Saga CS rep didn't understand what you were actually trying to do, as your post isn't very clearly worded either?

Just to be clear you don't contact them 'to set up a DD' as such, you provide details of the current account to be used as your nominated linked account, at the time of applying, and that becomes the single DD associated with the account. Are you trying to change the linked account or do something else?
  • niktheguru wrote: »
    Another option is to set up a direct debit for the national lottery. You can play one line a week (from£1 to £2.50) and it will take a monthly direct debit amount.

For those who play the lottery its a good direct debit :-)

Can you play one line a month, so you only pay £1 a month. I've check on the website, but it doesn't make it clear at all.
  • pantaiema
    pantaiema Posts: 183 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    eskbanker wrote: »
    Perhaps the Saga CS rep didn't understand what you were actually trying to do, as your post isn't very clearly worded either?

Just to be clear you don't contact them 'to set up a DD' as such, you provide details of the current account to be used as your nominated linked account, at the time of applying, and that becomes the single DD associated with the account. Are you trying to change the linked account or do something else?

My link account has been verified. A single DD has been pulled from my nominated account. The problem here is that it has not pulled the money from nominated account regularly. So I called to set up a monthly DD, but she called it SO. Even though it is apparently DD as it will pull money from my nominated account to my SAGA account.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 30,995 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    My link account has been verified. A single DD has been pulled from my nominated account. The problem here is that it has not pulled the money from nominated account regularly. So I called to set up a monthly DD, but she called it SO. Even though it is apparently DD as it will pull money from my nominated account to my SAGA account.
    But do they offer that sort of regular funding facility or does it have to be done manually?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback