PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Champagne Lifestyle on a Lemonade Budget.

Comments

• lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    I think you're right. I think women were often so badly treated by men that they often looked for love and affection from other women.

I'm glad I live now and not then........
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I think you're right. I think women were often so badly treated by men that they often looked for love and affection from other women.

I'm glad I live now and not then........

Yea n a lot of them wanted to avoid constant pregnacies, but poor Ann having 17 miscarriages, n still births:(
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • lessonlearned
    Poor woman......,

Well I'm awake at some godforsaken hour this morning so curled up with a cup of tea, quietly reading. Hopefully I'll get sleepy again. If not I'll get up and get cracking and then have an afternoon nap. :rotfl:

Luckily I've nothing special planned so it won't matter if I'm half dead this afternoon.
  • Chrystal
    Chrystal Posts: 1,849 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    You'e not on your own LL.... except I haven't yet been asleep! :rotfl:
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

happiness isn't achieved by getting extra things,
    but by getting rid of the things that make you unhappy
  • house_elf
    house_elf Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    Good morning,

LL and Candy.......spoilers! :rotfl: We have had an annual pass for Blenheim Palace last year. I don't remember them mentioning anything about this story on the guided tour :rotfl:

Went to town yesterday, and bought a new Christmas tree in the sale at John Lewis. Definitely a Champagne Tree on a Lemonade budget. :j

Have a lovely day :)
  • Morning all. Lots has happened on this thread since I last looked!

My champagne moments this weekend were a bottle of prosecco Friday and Saturday night that was left over from Christmas, and a pamper night last night with a 'free' face mask and a manicure using products I got for Christmas.

A couple of weeks ago I started looking at Rightmove as I am feeling the moving itch - my house is lovely, but the kitchen is too small and my son's bedroom is also tiny. He will be 18 soon and I think he needs more space. Ideally I would like to find my ideal house at a much lower price than my current house so I could also reduce my mortgage (which currently has 14 years to run...I can't wait that long...) but I don't think that will happen so I plan to make some decor and furniture changes here to make me feel better.

I spent most of yesterday decluttering the garage and sorting out my pile of eBay items to sell, so hopefully will post those every day this week. I have already made around £150 in the last month or so by selling stuff - amazing how it adds up. I also dropped off 4 bags at the charity stuff and filled my bin!

I wish I could stop buying food. My freezer and cupboards are full but I still feel the need to buy more stuff. I would like to have a week this month where all I buy is milk and fruit as in reality everything else I need is already here. Any tips on how to resist the shops would be good!
  • lessonlearned
    Good Morning All.

Mrs slapsot.....well if the weather your end is as bad as it is here today then avoiding the shops should be a doddle. It's horrible here.

Why not set yourself a challenge of "NSDs". No spend days. That's what I've done since1st January. Aiming for 15 this month. It seems to be working because I'm no longer nipping To the little shop for one item and blowing £20. :rotfl: well done on the ebay sales, thats fantastic.

House Elf.....your Christmas tree sounds like a great bargain.

Chrystal.....luckily I did manage to go back to sleep, so although I feel a bit dopey I have had around 7 hours so not too bad.

Anyway seeing as the weather is so grim I'm going to crack on with my decluftering. I think it's addictive.......:rotfl:
  • sootypea
    sootypea Posts: 125 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 13 January 2019 at 1:02PM
    THIRZAH wrote: »
    What a lovely thing to do. I live near Manchester and have never heard of that charity although I do knit for various chariites who help the homeless. I shall look the birthday star project up.

If you go to the council website the Christmas party is on there. The kids had a blast.

The birthday star project is on facebook.

Just to clear things up I work at the hostel. The BSP are all volunteers who come in and throw the parties.

The kids had a blast yesterday as did the parents. That was my champagne moment seeing there faces.

Today I have been busy adding more clutter to vinted. I have managed to sell most of it.

We are having our loft converted in a few weeks so all the clutter from up there is cluttering up my spare bedroom which I use as a craft room. Not much crafting going on at the moment.

My champagne moment today was getting a piece of beef for £3.00 reduced from £9.00 in Sainsburys. that will make a nice dinner and Other half sandwiches for a few days
    an GC. £180.00/£300
  • candygirl wrote: »
    A few old women walked out when I saw it .The C word really disturbed me , but it was an amazing plot x

I really like Olivia Coleman but I feel a bit uncomfortable about the film. I think Queen Anne had such a sad life, real tragedy not just a bit sad, so I'm not sure about making her life into a comedy. Do you think I've got it wrong. Really not sure about seeing it.
  • candygirl wrote: »
    I'm not a prude, but think the C word was constantly used for effect, but I realise it had different connotations back then .I think the "love affairs" were common at that time too :D

I'd never heard she had lesbian affairs, I knew Sarah Churchill was a favourite but they were childhood friends weren't they so I didn't connect that with being a lesbian and I thought she was supposed to have been devoted to her husband as he was to her. All very confusing, might have to read a bit of history.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback