Kantar - Royal Mail Monitoring and Posting Panel

Comments

• ChotaPeg
    ChotaPeg Posts: 33 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Yes - themadvix - I'd love it. I am waiting for them to send one to me but not holding my breath (irritatingly, starting live panel just after Xmas means you don't automatically get a diary and from my experience of their panellist service I don't hold too tightly to anything promised!). CP xx
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,895 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Have PM'd you ChotaPeg :)

Agreed re TNS. They've told me I'm finishing this stint and I think I've had my last posting pack (but that may not be the case...) but no presentation pack yet. Will wait and see!
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• babs_103
    babs_103 Posts: 156 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    As I said earlier, I too have a diary if anyone wants it.
    Quot Libros, Quam Breve Tempus

Illegitimi non carborundum

GNU Terry Pratchett

• I joined TNS about four years ago and only just got accepted on to the training program. However, I have a question, which I addressed to TNS and found their answer a bit silly (in my opinion) so thought i’d ask it here too.

I have an item to post next Tuesday in the post box, before the last collection time. The last collection time is 9.00am and so I asked whether I could post it the night before, on the basis that it was more convienent for me and it would achieve the deadline of posting before the last collection time. However, they said no and to post it on Tuesday, even if it was after the deadline.

This seems a bit silly to me in the basis that my approach would result in it meeting the last collection time on Tuesday (but equally, wouldn’t be collected any earlier as there is no evening collection) whereas the TNS approach means it won’t get picked up until Wednesday.

What would anyone else do?
    Northern Ireland club member No 382 :j
  • Primrose
    Primrose Posts: 10,620 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    I have a similar 9am only posting time with my nearest post box and I not unregularly see the mail van arrive to collect the mail as late as 10 am so I do whatever is most convenient according to my daily routine.

Since there is no 5pm evening collection I often post the previous evening to save having to rush out in the morning to meet the deadline and state on the return that it was posted around 8.30 am.

If I can,t do that I just post at 9.30 am or whatever and let the powers that be sort their results out. Our postal collections rarely collect within 30 mins of the stated time on the box so I wouldn't bust a gut if you have to post after the designated time. If they,ve told you to state the actual posting time I would go with that. It's not going to be an exact science.
  • chrisbur
    chrisbur Posts: 4,053 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post

I have an item to post next Tuesday in the post box, before the last collection time. The last collection time is 9.00am and so I asked whether I could post it the night before, on the basis that it was more convienent for me and it would achieve the deadline of posting before the last collection time. However, they said no and to post it on Tuesday, even if it was after the deadline.

This seems a bit silly to me in the basis that my approach would result in it meeting the last collection time on Tuesday (but equally, wouldn’t be collected any earlier as there is no evening collection) whereas the TNS approach means it won’t get picked up until Wednesday.

What would anyone else do?

The following is in the Help section FAQs
    "Some of my postboxes have a last collection time of 09:00 Monday to Friday and 07:00 Saturdays. Is it okay if I post my items the night before in order to make the early collection the following day?
    Please post only on the scheduled day of posting, as posting a test item the night before will cause problems when you try to enter it online. It’s okay to post a test item at one of these boxes after 9am on the scheduled day, as long as you confirm the actual time of posting and that this was after the last collection time."
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,851 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Just received my posting pack - 3 CUBES !!
  • Purpleroses
    Purpleroses Posts: 4,125 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    molerat wrote: »

I got 3 cubes as well!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,257 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    molerat wrote: »

Blimey, that is a lot for one week.
    Thought it was to be one a month?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Saetana
    Saetana Posts: 1,544 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Its supposed to be 1-2 parcels per month according to the FAQs. I've had two in one week before and a total of three in one month - its getting worse, more and more parcels as time goes on. I wouldn't mind so much if they were stamped parcels but having to pay in cash and get vouchers in return is a pain - especially for the larger parcels costing £5+.

I'm due to finish on the main survey this month, will have to consider whether I want to bother or not when they invite me back later this year - its getting to be too much work for too little pay now :(
    2020 Wins:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport